omg I'm hungry!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• nubeing
    nubeing Posts: 23
    Options
    I drink a million cups of herbal tea a day. Find ones that you really really like -- something about the heat makes it so filling. Not too much sugar though. I use Xylitol, a natural sugar substitute and you can use it in other things too like desserts. And I like warm popcorn too. I am a snacker so I found that having a steady supply of low-fat, low-cal snacks on hand keeps me from going wild.
  • klb16
    klb16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When i get hungry later on after i have had a meal i feel snacking on fruit or drinking water helps to keep my hunger pangs at bay.
  • babbassi
    babbassi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    have an apple. They're so filling, tasty and have around 90 calories. drink lots of water.
  • Thetallblondone
    Options
    Starting is the hardest. just remember that you get to add more food if you work out. Easiest thing is just get up and go for a walk. Fresh air is great and it will allow you a little more.

Fruits and veggies are always good. Protien should be eaten at every meal to keep your energy up and keep you full. Whole grains like wild rice are great too. Celery has a fibre that keeps you fuller longer and that your body doesnt hold on to.

Good luck and remember, just because you may eat one thing that isn't good for you, doesn't mean your whole day or week is shot. Its just one thing.
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, you are not alone.

Foods that have almost no calories are: celery sticks, lettuce, 1 dill pickle spear, cucumbers, green peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower, and broccoli.

25-30 calories: 1 small tangerine, 1/2 cup of watermelon, 1/4 cantaloupe, 1 small tomato, 1 medium carrot, 1 cup of popcorn, 12 pretzel sticks.

35-40 calories: 1 medium peach, 1medium nectarine, 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 3 saltine crackers, 1/2 small banana.

50-60 calories: 1 small apple, 1 small orange, 15 grapes, 12 cherries, 1 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 4 small shrimp.

And one bowl of instant oatmeal is 100 calories.

Hope this helped you out! Good Luck!

I have to write this down!! It surely helped me.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hot Herbal Tea.
  • cindyptacek
    cindyptacek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sugar snap peas are delicious and low-cal - 10 pea pods is only 15 calories! carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes are all great snack food choices! you can do it!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    idk how heavy you are, but you need to ease into it. thats the best way to make sure you stick with it. i mean, going from whatever you were eating to 1,400 calories can be a huuuuuge adjustment. try eating at maintenance for a week just to get used to it. i bet you'll still lose weight because you'll be drinking more water and eating better foods.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    MFP calories are too exteme to jump into, in my opinion. I would start around 1800.
  • tsolomon75
    tsolomon75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I exactly how you feel.
    I am going through the same thing :(.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Eat protein with your carbs. Like pasta with a piece of grilled or baked chicken, toast and an egg - you get the idea. Carbs immediately make you feel satisfied, but the protein stays longer. You won't always feel this hungry. Your body will get used to needing less food to function.

Remember to exercise and you'll get more calories for the day as well.
  • lackofnames3
    lackofnames3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat larger amounts of lower calorie foods but dont forget proteins either. When we are used to eating a lot and we are used to eating foods like sugar, refined carbs, or chemicals from fast foods/chips/etc our bodies DO go through withdrawals. Eat leafy greens and vegetables and fruits in abundance to fill your belly. I saw a study that was done about how people who tend to over eat have to retrain their brains realize the body has had enough to eat. It was a biggest loser episode. Drink plenty of water too...hope this helps a little!?
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    If you can get through the first week, your body will get used to the lack of "over indulgence". The more junk you put in, the more it craves.

Let your body get used to eating healthy and the cravings will stop.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's probably all in your head, right now. Drink some water & relax.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    water water water!!!

I agree! And green tea is good too.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5 months into it and I'm still starving occasionally. Hot flavored teas that have no calories help me get through it. I also try having something with protein when I'm hungry because for some reason I feel fuller longer with protein. So, I survive by snacking on light string cheese (60 calories and easy to grab quickly).

Another thing I've noticed is that if I do a big workout, I struggle to be hungry enough to eat my calories. If I don't, I'm starving. It's almost like exercise is an appetite suppressant. So, workout lots. That way you can eat more!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    "Low to no calorie" foods sure as hell isn't the answer. Nutritional, protein dense food is. Also, I sincerely doubt 1,400 calories is a realistic and sustainable goal.

Try a few different online BMR and TDEE calculators to get a better idea what you should be consuming, then consider re-setting your goals. Good luck.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    MFP calories are too exteme to jump into, in my opinion. I would start around 1800.
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! I am in the same boat! BUT i cook :) so here it comes. I make :
    Hummus - take a can of chick peas, one tbl spoon of tahini sause, 2 cloves or garlic, a whole lemon and if you like (parsley finely chopped) , and a quater cup of juice from the chick peas can - NO OIL its still really good. then mush it all together spread on pocket pita (whole grain small) with a half of chicken breast (grilled or I boil mine ). Have a cup of tea with lemon no sugar or whatever tea you like!!!
    Substitute milk for Almond Breeze drink (call it almond milk) for your cerial or coffee. Dont buy they one with 40 call, buy the one with 60 cal. I like that one better. Protein shakes always good with almond milk its half the cal and fat then milk!!!
    if you work at the desk and always want to munch on stuff (seeds are great pumpkin or sun flower) put them in your salad.
    Make vegie soup. just chop into big pieces carrots, bell pepper, some potatoe, salary, one onion, butter nut squash and bunch of parsle, put it into a pot and put some low sodium chicken broth (almost covering the vegies) simmer untill cooked then pure all together and you have really good vegi soup. i boil like 6 chicken breasts then add them to my salads, pitas, dice them into soups
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This would be my official day 1 of changing my food habits, and honestly I feel like I was on drugs and now going through withdrawals. I am not to sure what to eat, or what foods have low to no calories. I feel like 1,400 cals is a set up for starvation. I really don't want to eat over my calories, but starting is truly the hardest part. Any tips for snacks or foods that give that filling feeling?
    You should eat to maintenance a few weeks, then go to 1/2 pound of weekly weight loss.
    Think long term.