Exercise with big boobs

Options

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Personally I HATE exercising with an underwire. I run and it chafes me raw! That said, I wear REALLY TIGHT bras that hold them in (I'm a UK 36HH). I've tried MANY bras and found that I prefer the Shock Absorber best. It has not wires and gives me a square chest, but it holds those puppies in. I also have some older bras I wear that fit, but chafe. For those I wear a Champion stretchy sports bra under it to save my skin.

I know a lot of the lades like the Enell bra. I did not like the fit and sent it back. I'm afraid you'll have to either find a place that sells them or order online knowing you might send it back and pay the shipping/restock fees. Best of luck!
  • mtourtillott
    mtourtillott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I wear a regular bra with a good tight fitting sports bra ontop if doing any high impact workout. I try to find a sports bra one size smaller than what I would typically wear since they have alittle give.

Good Luck!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I use a shock absorber bra and a regular bra on top - a size smaller - I am a 48E so they did jump about like puppies in a sack before I started doing that.

The price of large sports bra's in the Uk is ridiculous and very difficult to find for bigger girls. The same goes for gym wear. I just double up on bras and when I get down a few sizes I think I will have more options for a decent sports bra in more regular sizes - but loathed to spend at the moment when I am dropping inches at a consistent rate.

mini rant for me is that big girls need to wear gym stuff too and they stop at a size 20, someone with business savy needs to pick up on this potential market.
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Enell, absolutely the best sports bra with limited movement for a larger breast. It is expensive and odd to get into but once you get it figured out you will be glad you did.....good luck
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Enell, absolutely the best sports bra with limited movement for a larger breast. It is expensive and odd to get into but once you get it figured out you will be glad you did.....good luck
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Some of the high school girls around here really do use duct tape before athletic events (like a basketball game) so I didn't even think that was a bad answer!!!
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im a 36 H, I live in Canada and have yet to find anything even somewhat okay for my size. I've resorted to working out at home and just holding on to the girls if I'm jumping around too much! If any Canadians out there have a better idea for me please share the knowledge!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    not sure the difference between UK and US sizes but I am a 40 DD and I wear Champion under wire sports bras and they hold me in FABULOUS!!
  • loserMC
    loserMC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30F, have been as big as an 34H. My favorite bra is the Enell. It definitely holds you IN and tight but I use it for everything from running to high impact aerobics. I also have one by Freya that I like OK but the Enell is SO much better.
  • Caseysb19
    Caseysb19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is hard i used a real bra and 2 good sports bras now i just use 2 good sports bras
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK GG. Nike Shock Absorber max support bra is great.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Even after shedding all this weight. I'm still quite busty and the ONLY thing that helps when I run or jump is to wear a regular underwire bra with a too-small sports bra on top. It's basically like binding them down that way, but it's just too painful otherwise AND I just don't want to end up with a black eye if my boobs hit me in the face!
  • diamondpinksky
    Options
    i have the same problem , the best thing i do when \i exercise was holding them in place, i double up in my bras, try not to bounce you . can do cardio even with out running... if you need to talk let me know ....i think i may be able to help:smile:
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this when i was doing the 30 Day Shred a few hours ago lol.
    I have 40D (sometimes DD) boobs and I usually wear a sports bra with an underwire..
    or a sports bra with a tank top with a built-in bra over it :) really holds them down!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Feel your pain, my manboobs kept smacking me in the chin. Brushing my teeth shirtless aint pretty either.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much

</pervert>
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have the same chest size as you and have bought a freya active underwired bra and find it is the best around :):smile:

I was going to say the same thing. I am a 38G and this is my bra of choice. Order at figleaves.com
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ive worn two bras before and it worked well. top one alittle smaller then bottom. just ordered my first sports bra in years. well see if it fits..lol
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My busty friend and I both put a sports bra over a comfortable regular bra.