Biggest fear about weight loss

Options

Replies

• Dandy1998
    Dandy1998 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is encouraging!!!! No saggy skin after 100 lbs!!?? That's awesome! I am hoping I won't have any either but am just not sure. I have no stretch marks from weight gain. Do you think that is a good sign?
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is that I cannot lose weight. I am losing weight as per the scales and mirror, but I am still afraid!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The younger you are, the more elastin your skin has. I am 25 and I think eventually, with the right about of exercise and a slower weight loss it will help the skin bounce back. It may not be the case for all, but then again you have to think about what is more important...a little extra skin or being healthy. I have over 100lbs to lose myself so I feel where you are coming from.

Just stay positive, you will feel better in the long run even with a little extra skin. It may take a year or two but your skin should bounce back! :)
  • scubaruby
    scubaruby Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know who I am if I'm not fat. Every time I get close to goal I gain it back.
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to lose my boobs. I hear that sometimes when women lose weight, those are the first to go. I know boobs aren't everything, but I'm a women...I want them!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    No Fear! And that saggy, baggy skin
    I'll just shove it in my spanks!!!! ;)
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to lose my boobs. I hear that sometimes when women lose weight, those are the first to go. I know boobs aren't everything, but I'm a women...I want them!

^^ Haha me too!
  • Dmarten
    Dmarten Posts: 19
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that other people also feel like two different people because of their weight. I to worry about the extra skin, especially after 4 kids, I have ALOT of stretch marks, my youngest is almost 15, I lost 80 lbs after having him. But going through a nasty divorce and becoming a single mom that works alot, I gained it all back. Its so depressing, but 7 1/2 yrs being single I have decided alil extra skin will be ok, because I will be a happier , healthier me !!!! But its still a bit scarey
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I gotta admit, I have a sneaking fear of the same thing, I've lost about 30 pounds, but very slowly, no more than a pound a week,.. I think so far so good, but I'm 47 yrs old, and I'm worried about saggy skin after losing the next 30 pounds i'm hoping to lose this year... anybody out there to throw us a comfort bone?!?!

A few years back, I lost 40lbs and had no saggy skin afterwards. The body is more forgiving that you think.

That's the most I have ever lost though, so cannot help above that.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Excess skin is my fear!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The awkward stages where your in between clothing sizes and everything looks frumpy on you... That and not having enough money to buy new clothes when I need them.

Try the Goodwill for the basics... Just get a few pieces, like black and beige pants and a pair of jean that fit well at each stage... you can turn them back in when you are done... almost like renting them. Your blouses and sweaters will work for a while. Then once you reach your goal, add a couple pieces each season.
  • Harlequinrequiem
    Harlequinrequiem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest fear is that I'll have a saggy tummy. I've had two kids and with the first (even exercising everyday) I gain 64 pounds. My second, I only gained 20 but I never really lost the weight from my first and almost all the excess weight is in my tummy so i'm saggy now. I'm 27 and I hate my body, but I always have. I also worry that I'll never really get back in shape even with going to the gym 6 days a week for an hour a day.
  • Harlequinrequiem
    Harlequinrequiem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say that...i'm a DDD now after my second baby. I wish I would lose them!!! Hey if you do, we could see about giving you some of mine!!! lol
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have extra skin... true... but as I lose more and more, it really is tightening up. People said that wouldn't happen, but I'm happy to say it is slowly tightening up. I am going to wait for a year or two and see if it all goes away. Anyway, it's easily hidden, especially with an undergarment support. Whereas, my fat was never so easy to hide.
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    You would only get saggy skin if you lose weight really fast. Just take it slow. And if worse comes to worse, you could always get surgery to tighten it up!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is that I have been big so long that I will have excess skin..
    Lose the weight slowly folks!
    Give your body time to adjust. And no matter what, you'll be better off healthy.

Here is a great article that addressed this challenge.
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I lost 70lb and have a little excess skin around my stomach. Went from 44 inch waist to 31 (pant size anyway) starting last April. But I'm not planning on entering any speedo contests so I'll just live with it, keep up my exercise and eating right and if it gets better great and if not so be it. I look damn good now either way. hahaha.. The benefits are worth some extra skin believe me.
  • medesr
    medesr Posts: 9
    Options
    That is one of MY biggest fears as well. I am 21 and I am very overweight. I am very worried that I will have lots of excess skin once I have lost weight. That is just as unattractive in my head. At the same time though, I am so excited to lose this weight I've been carrying around for so long.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That it will be short lived! :cry:
  • clarkie77
    Options
    It is very important you also add weight training into your mix.

Once the weight is gone it is not unrealistic to fill in the excess skin with muscle.