PCOS, Fibromyalgia, and Determined

Options
Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:
I'm 31 years old and live in Birmingham, AL. I have been overweight my whole life and am determined to finally change things. I have PCOS and Fibro, so I have some complications, but I will overcome them. I would love to meet people on here; I have never reached out to others to try to help me do this. I usually try to hide any efforts so that when I fail, no one but me will know. This time will be different, though. I will make this work. :happy:

Replies

• jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome! =D

I think you'll love MFP's community. It has some of the most supportive, kind people you'll ever meet. The support definitely helps you stay motivated and get through the rough patches. Good luck!!! Love the attitude. =)
  • diamondpinksky
    Options
    you got some spirit in you < with this aditude you will feel great inside and out :smile:
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou: and Welcome :-)

My name is Kelly I am 30 and have PCOS, my little sister has fibro and I know its not a great thing to have BUT well done on finding us here! This is a GREAT board with some lovely people. I have added you as a friend feel free to join me on this journey and TOGETHER we will get there x

Kelly xx
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy:
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are some great supports on this site. I also have autoimmune disease (lupus) so I completely understand the difficulty it adds on some days. Hang in there and good luck. And like everyone else has said- welcome!
  • Fairyfli
    Options
    Please feel free to friend me I too have both of those issues... so much fun... but I know that we can do this! We just have to be supportive and understand that some things may work and some things might not work for us.
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    I am 27 and have P.C.O.S also. Ive been using MFP for a few months now and slowly getting there. I find it to be more a mental struggle than anything (the up and down weigh ins and slow results). You are welcome to add me :)
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 with PCOS, one very bad knee and two crazy toddlers so I feel the pain that problems can cause in losing weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. PCOS sucks!! but it can be beaten and I am determined to kick its butt.