RED TEAM WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Woohoo jomane!:drinker:

I just keep telling myself over and over "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I have never been thin and it is a goal I have to reach to be healthy and in control. I am taking this one step at a time. Baby steps right? I am going to make it this time. I started originally at 535 so I have lost half and just another half to go. I just need to believe it. Someone told me written affirmations help train the brain and subconcious to believe things we cannot conceive has anyone seen this be successful? I have been fat all my life as well as most of my family and being able to believe I can get to goal is my biggest hurdle. I just can't picture it. I tried those simulators and they look the same as when I started when I put in my start and goal weights with the exception of a few pounds so they don't really help. Maybe I can draw myself thin. Have to work on that.

Have a great week!!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I just keep telling myself over and over "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

you must be a biggest loser fan!! that's where i got that quote from, anyways :bigsmile:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    where is everyone? its weigh-in day!
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing!

Is everyone still sleeping??? Wish I was.......had a LONG weekend and my alarm clock rang way too early this morning!! UGGGGHHHH!!!!!

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • andrea09
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing!

Is everyone still sleeping??? Wish I was.......had a LONG weekend and my alarm clock rang way too early this morning!! UGGGGHHHH!!!!!

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

I had a long weekend too! Did not go to sleep until 1 am and then up at 6:30! Ugg...its going to be along day.
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    i guess its all about the timezones. because for me its almost 12, but for cali i think its almost...9? i think thats right...?
  • andrea09
    Options
    i guess its all about the timezones. because for me its almost 12, but for cali i think its almost...9? i think thats right...?

Right now it is 10:00 here. I am in Washington. Same time zone as Cali.
  • jlhcrh3
    Options

i couldnt remember if it was 2 or 3 hour difference...
  • andrea09
    Options

i couldnt remember if it was 2 or 3 hour difference...

depends where you are at. Central time I think i 2 hour and the east coast is 3.
    I still wonder where everyone is. :sad:

How did you do this week?
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    when i stepped on the scale today, my jaw just about dropped. because i had stepped on it friday because i got a new one and i had to program it, and i had a good number, so i was expecting it to be about the same today, but it wasnt!! :bigsmile: i was going to wait for hurley and some others, and for our week 3 thread to be made, but everyone is dissappearing :sad: lol. i did pretty well this week with the late night snacking. not as good with the water....:ohwell: but man i am so excited. how did you do?
  • andrea09
    Options
    This was my first week with taking insulin. Boy what a difference! I feel so much better. I have energy for the first time in like for ever! I had a good number at the scale as well. Hopefully we will have full group soon!

I am happy you did good this week. I did pretty good with the late night snacking,and really good with the water. I am eager to start the next challenge,and continue with the mastering the others. :smile:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not being here earlier... I landed myself in the hospital all day yesterday :frown: and was dishcarged a few hours ago. I'm ok... just keep chugging along. :ohwell:

Anyway, I had a pretty bad week - went up a little... :frown: But I expected that fom my lack of exercise because I was just wiped out everyday. Stupid new medication for my stupid failing kidneys. :grumble:

But I suppose I'll just keep my head up and do better this week. Good job to those of you who did well this week! :smile:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Happy Monday Fellow Red Teamers :smile:

I have been MIA the past few day, but I am back!! I had a pretty good weekend, the hubby and I went to a farm and picked our own peaches..yummy! We were able to beat temptation by passing on these fabulous homemade cinnamon rolls that this farm is famous for. We thought about it and even got in line for one, then we both looked at each other and realized that we were better off without it so we left and I felt good about it! :happy:

I had a personal goal last week of burning 3500 calories and I just fell short by 395.:cry: But my challenge begins again today....hopefully I can do it! I have not lost much weight this week due to it being a week before my TOM, so hopefully next week I will see a difference in the scale!! I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Hey, as long as we keep "chugging along" :smile: then we are all doing great!!
    Oh, nevermore, I am sorry to hear about the hospitalization!!!:frown: don't worry about the weight, you'll get there :wink:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Well, I am going to go ahead and post this, and maybe things will pick up around here soon...

(Hurley, I don't know if you ever saw my message about my new starting weight and all that, but here it is now, so you can up date it when you post everyone's!)

Starting weight: 284
    Week One: 279, -5 lbs!
    Week Two: 272, -7 lbs!

Total loss of 12 lbs, yay! There is only one other time I lost that much. It was a few years ago on a mission trip to Belize. I got very very ill. Not the best way to lose that much weight, lol.
  • andrea09
    Options
    Well, I am going to go ahead and post this, and maybe things will pick up around here soon...

(Hurley, I don't know if you ever saw my message about my new starting weight and all that, but here it is now, so you can up date it when you post everyone's!)

Total loss of 12 lbs, yay! There is only one other time I lost that much. It was a few years ago on a mission trip to Belize. I got very very ill. Not the best way to lose that much weight, lol.

Awesome job! Way to go! You must be so excited! :bigsmile:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options

I am, but I will be more excited when I can get into the next size down! I can get them buttoned and zipped, its just still a little too tight!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I am, but I will be more excited when I can get into the next size down! I can get them buttoned and zipped, its just still a little too tight!

First, awesome job! :happy:
    Second, you'll fit in them soon. And that will feel awesome. When I dropped a size, I was thrilled. Now I'd love to drop another. :smile:
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    I lost a little... 199.6 this week