Whose going to be watching? :)

Replies

• kayleighfred
    Options
    Meeee :-) hoping it'll kick my *kitten* into gear! Xx
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for it. I only ever caught the first series because we only had normal TV channels and it was always on ITV2 or Sky. So glad it's on ITV1 and that obviously now with freeview I'd catch it regardless! I think it'll kick my bottom into gear, definitely!
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    I love the biggest looser

the UK version, US or Australia verson Its so inspirational and shows what you really can achieve !
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love the show - I hope this season is really good. We're doing a biggest loser challenge at work which starts today - we pay in each week - $2 if you lose, $3 if you stay the same and $4 if you gain - at the end of the year who ever has lost the highest percentage of weightloss wins the pot! I won last year - hoping for big numbers this year :)
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im watching it now....this season is going to be awesome ..I love Bob :)
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Oooh! It just started. I love biggest loser.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me what the challenge is tonight? im moderating a group with challenges based on what they do at the ranch, but I cant watch tonight :(
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I admit i'm not a fan of the show, but I sometimes watch it when there's nothing else on. Tonight, I noticed that this season is being sponsored by Planet Fitness.

Really? :noway: The producers do realize, I hope, that most of the type of training they do wouldn't even be allowed at PF. No dropping weights, no grunting, no throwing medicine balls around, etc.

And are they going to have free pizza every Friday at the BL ranch? I thought this show was a sell-out by recommending Subway as a healthy food choice, but when they join up with PF, that's just over the top. :angry:

Apologies to you folks who are fans, but I'm starting to dislike this show more every time I see it. Having said that, if it inspires you and motivates you towards your goals, then by all means continue. Just don't do it at Planet Fitness! :wink:
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness, and I was wondering what the heck was up with the free pizza. Seems kinda messed up--all these people there to lose the weight and they're waving pizza in our faces!

I have to admit that the environment isn't my fave, but we're pretty poor these days and for $10/month and being literally around the corner, they've got my vote for now.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm watching!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Watching now! It inspires me :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    im watching it
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Me! Love that show! :wink:
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use the show to watch it on my phone when I cam on the cross trainer, new episodes mean I have the motivation to get back on that blasted machine.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    me!!!
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    MEEEE!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like watching it and it is inspirational but by God I would never condone any of the crap they do on that show.

What's with the challenges where they get immunity if they eat 57 glazed donuts?!

And what the contestants end up doing to win is just plain dangerous. The first BL winner dehydrated himself (herself?) so much that he/she ended up urinating blood. All to make the final weight in as light as possible.

I guess that's one of the reasons I don't do office weight loss challenges. At some point it's no longer about health and it's all about winning against others.
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    me! It is always so inspirational!!! Love BOB!
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness, and I was wondering what the heck was up with the free pizza. Seems kinda messed up--all these people there to lose the weight and they're waving pizza in our faces!

I have to admit that the environment isn't my fave, but we're pretty poor these days and for $10/month and being literally around the corner, they've got my vote for now.

I love Planet Fitness and the environment (including the free pizza--who cares about eating a piece of pizza or two once in a while, especially if you're exercising regularly): I think the emphasis on fitness rather than "dieting", restricting, and weight loss is really positive (I also like that their clubs don't have scales).

Anyway, I don't know why I'm watching The Biggest Loser (there's nothing else on). It seems more exploitative than inspiring to me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is an encyclopedia of what NOT to do.

Season 1 contestant Ryan C. Benson revealed to the New York Times that he had lost weight by fasting and dehydrating, pushing himself to the point where he was urinating blood.

More recently, season 3's Kai Hibbard has been talking about gaining back 70 of the 118 pounds she lost on the show.

And some of you find this inspiring?
    It's actually quite pathetic. I pity those poor dupes who are doomed to fail once the cameras stop rolling.

And if any of YOU want those kinds of results where you crash diet, risk your health just to gain back the lard, do as they do.

There are no easy roads to the real thing. The Biggest Loser is just more tomfoolery for those looking for the quick path to nowhere.