BUTT, THIGHS, CALVES, LEGS!

Options
Hi All, I'm currently working on the lower body. I'm doing 150 squats 50 lunges, 100 side leg raise, 50 donkey kicks and 150 crunches as an added bonus to my mid section. I will be doing this 5-7 days a week up until Valentines Day! If you have any suggestions feel free to add them below.

Replies

• CamiXiomara
    Options
    I'm going to join you. I wasn't doing the donkey kicks, but it sounds intersting and painful at the same time.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    make sure once the lunges and squats get easy that you start holding some extra weights.
    doing them will be great with body weight to start out, but increasing the weights as you go will improve your results.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join you. I wasn't doing the donkey kicks, but it sounds intersting and painful at the same time.

Thank you!
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    make sure once the lunges and squats get easy that you start holding some extra weights.
    doing them will be great with body weight to start out, but increasing the weights as you go will improve your results.

Will do
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks i am going to add these moves too. :)
  • all4gabs2
    Options
    Sounds like a great workout. I am aiming to improve my arms, mid section, and lower body. I will try this as well!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    This sounds great - but like alot of work (which isn't bad). However, I recommend doing some Squats, Lunges, Deadlifts, Bench presses, push-ups, and or chin-ups.

(or buy the book The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler for about $10 on Amazon). And eat a clean diet...

And then you will have amazing everything on your body (can't spot reduce) as the fat melts away!

Again, hope I didn't just burst your bubble. I just want to encourage all women everywhere to lift heavy weights!!!! You will look awesome if you do!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    do you space them out? cuz i can't even do 1/3rd of that. If not how long did it take you to get to that many?
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sounds really amazing !!!
  • dinkybird
    dinkybird Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Have you heard of Dirty dogs? They are similar to donkey kicks. When you are down on all four, lift your leg to the side like a dog that is about to pee on the pole, once your leg is up, then extend your leg out to the side and then bring it back in without your knee touching the floor, then repeat. That really helps the top of the glute. It burns like crazy!!! I usually do 3 sets of 12 reps.Keep up the great work.
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    That is great!!! Have you heard of Dirty dogs? They are similar to donkey kicks. When you are down on all four, lift your leg to the side like a dog that is about to pee on the pole, once your leg is up, then extend your leg out to the side and then bring it back in without your knee touching the floor, then repeat. That really helps the top of the glute. It burns like crazy!!! I usually do 3 sets of 12 reps.Keep up the great work.

I'll make sure I do this....thanks
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ablevins77
    Options
    those are all great suggestions! My husband and I recently joined a gym and I have a weight loss goal of 68 pounds over the next 6-12 months with the help of my Doctor too. Are there any suggestions you can offer me? And what the heck are donkey kicks?!!
  • 1RareJewel
    Options
    those are all great suggestions! My husband and I recently joined a gym and I have a weight loss goal of 68 pounds over the next 6-12 months with the help of my Doctor too. Are there any suggestions you can offer me? And what the heck are donkey kicks?!!
    Get on all fours and kick/extend your leg all the way back and bring it back forward! Donkey kicks targets your butt and lower back.
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    Awesome! I will be adding these to my workout!
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    150 squats! Wow that is awesome. I usually feel the burn of squats by the time I hit 2 sets of 30 squats! Go girl!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm currently working on the lower body. I'm doing 150 squats 50 lunges, 100 side leg raise, 50 donkey kicks and 150 crunches as an added bonus to my mid section. I will be doing this 5-7 days a week up until Valentines Day! If you have any suggestions feel free to add them below.

Great game plan!

If this seems like to much for the average MFP'er, split them up and do half in the morning and the other half before bedtime. =]
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Add some deadlifts, squat thrusts, and planks. The stronger your core, the stronger your legs will get.

I really like this workout too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LEjEV2n1Q