Anyone crazy enough out there to take on a half-marathon?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would like to do one, but don't have the time to train with uni. Perhaps I should just do it and sign myself up anyway.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes... yes I am... I've done 2 so far, and I would LOVE to do a full in the not too distant future. I couldn't even do a half right now, though. My longest run since my 8 miler on Thanksgiving Day has been 10K.
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    I am going to compete in one this year! I am very excited!
  • ChrissieMills
    ChrissieMills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I registered for a half marathon in sept for the same reason! To keep me motivated and on track to keep running!

At the moment i have only dont one 10k! Have another three lined up for the summer then the big one!

Anyone undertaking a similar thing feel free to add me for mutual support and encourgment!
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wanted to a half marathon 4 years ago...but never followed through. I have been a runner for many years. I run for exercise and occasionally do a 5K. Running is truly the only thing that keeps my weight off.

Decided this year would be the year to do a half. I will do my first in October. I will start the 12 week regimen in July.

Good luck to all of those running any races this year!!!!!

:happy:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm running a full in May, but will very likely run a half in March cause I want to see what kind of time I can get since the 1st half I did was a while ago when I was much slower.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would love too but I'm at about a mile right now so I don't think that's gonna be along any time soon. immediate goal is 1.5miles under 14:00 and 5k under 31:00
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    I'm doing the great birmingham half marathon in october this year for the british heart foundation.
    I enjoy having something to work towards and it keeps me going when I know im raising money.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Crazy talk...

Hypothermic Half in February
    Winnipeg Police Service Half in May
    Fargo Full Marathon in May
    Manitoba Marathon Half in June
    Diabetes Half on Labor day

Color me crazy....but I'd still like to find a few 10K's to backfill the summer months (I don't like running in hot hot weather though...)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 4 in 2012 - one in February, May, July, and November!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I did 4 of them last year!!! and I was scared to death to even think of it the first time, but it is by far my favorite race distance to do! can't wait for the next1
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about it. I'm probably going to start Hal Higdon's half marathon training. I've had a bit of trouble with one of my knees so as long as it doesn't bother me I think I can do it.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Let my daughter talk me into doing one with her this July in Chicago!! It will take me that long to get ready, and then not even sure I'll be ready! :smile:
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my 1st HM. it's on May 6th. I also started a HM support group. I know I don't want to do this alone ;)

You can find it here-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1788-half-marathon-training-group
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Let my daughter talk me into doing one with her this July in Chicago!! It will take me that long to get ready, and then not even sure I'll be ready! :smile:

Is that the rock & roll HM?
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have agreed to do one with a friend in Oct, but have yet to sign up. I have done quite a few 5ks, but have always had to walk part of it. I am dedicating myself to C25K again this month and then planning on getting the half marathon training underway.
  • jensfrogwild
    jensfrogwild Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    May 20th in Madison WI
  • Lora0626
    Lora0626 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the TInkerbell half on the 29th! :-) Just hope I can actually finish it since I've not really trained for it...
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    a half is on my goal list...

doing my first 5k at the end of this month.
  • ktweldon3
    ktweldon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am. May 25 & June 15th, training starts Feb 6th officially, but building consistency this month running 6mi. Have two young kids to juggle.