Pre-workout food ideas......need help!

Options
I would like some "pre-workout" food ideas........ideas must "not" contain breads, oatmeal, or grains of any kind as I choose to eat "clean".

Any ideas would be helpful.........:smile:

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Almonds/Nuts? An apple?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I would like some "pre-workout" food ideas........ideas must "not" contain breads, oatmeal, or grains of any kind as I choose to eat "clean".

Any ideas would be helpful.........:smile:

not sure what you mean by eating clean but either train fasted or maybe something like an apple and pb and cottage cheese/yogurt, you'd have to wash the apple of course to ensure it was "clean"
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    Is what I mean by "clean" is I am not wanting any processed food ideas.........Thank you! :)
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    As a side note....oatmeal itself is clean and so are grains.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I typically don't do the pre-workout....post-workout thing. I typically eat every 3 hours and do my weight lifting about an hour after my meal. Each of my 5 meals contain complex carbs, protein and healthy fat. This is what works for me. I'm not big on protein shakes unless they are void of protein powder and it's hard to get a good amount of protein without the powder.

Just having a bowl of oatmeal and some eggs would be good, depending on what time you are working out.
  • shavoune1
    Options
    If you cannot avoid eating before a workout the most important thing is to make sure you do not have any high sugar foods before, causing an insulin spike and a sharp crash in energy levels during your workout.

Pre workout foods must be slow releasing and light;

An apple
    Grapefruit
    Handful of Almonds

If you have not tried this have a look into crushed oats. You can purchase from websites like MYPROTEIN.COM. Put 2 tablespoons of oats in a shake bottle with water and you can drink this before and during your work out instead of plain water, its light and will give you extra energy. The slow releasing oats are nothing in calories and will not spike your insulin and cause an energy crash midworkout. its also very tasty!
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love eating a banana before my WO....I get up very early in the morning, have a banana get dressed and WO....gives me a nice boost!!
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    Thank you.....but grains/oats don't agree with my body so therefore I do not eat them......I must eat gluten free. :smile:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I go for almonds and like others have advised fruit is also good!
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a banana with a little peanut butter
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    PRE-WORKOUT MOCHACHINO PROTEIN SHAKE!!!

The recipe can be found at www.sinorslim.com along with TONS of others!!!

IMG_8330.jpg