Losing 100 lbs in 1 year

Options
2»

Replies

• bolb
    bolb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am sure it will go well.

Very attainable and slow and steady means a greater chance of keeping it off, by creating a lifestyle change.
    I dont believe losing weight is about dieting, its changing habits.

I used to be 94kg back in 2009 and both myself and my wife went on a diet plan using shakes etc and removing carbs etc.
    I lost 24kg and my wife about 40kg but at the end of the day it became boring.

I then added 13kg and then found this site and am now aiming to drop back to about 70kg once more.
    I have always done well by calorie counting and used to use a note pad and calorie book but this place is so much easier and relevant.

I have lost 3.5kg in about a month and that includes for the blow outs for xmas and new year which we need to have in order to keep on track. I just find as long as i keep to my target calorie intake, all travels well, of course i would like it to happen quickly but lets be realistic, it took me 43 years to get to 94kg so i should expect it to take a few months to drop the smallish number of kg's i want to get rid of.

All the best

Mal
  • yippersmacie
    Options
    Hello, I am new to MFP and I too, have the goal of losing 100 pounds this year. I am tired of not having energy, not being happy and watching on the sidelines and not participating in anything. I am ready to get my life back and start living again! I know we can all do this and with the support of each other, got this in the bag. Feel free to add me and I wish all of you the very best of luck!!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's a little over albs a month....totally do-able....let's get it done :)
  • jc_miller
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm looking to lose 100lbs this year as well. I've been off-and-on with living a healthier lifestyle since before my teen years. I've never tried the route of a website aid until now, and I'm already feeling positive about it. We all know what we need to do. Let's make it happen. :)
  • bunzofsteele1
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to lose 100lbs, and I'd love to have you all along for the ride... ! Thanks for the encouragemnt that 100lbs is, in fact, doable! :) Anyone want to be friends, feel free to add me... I need support, I tell ya! ;)
  • SophW27
    SophW27 Posts: 19
    Options
    Well I wasn't intending on losing 100lbs (although I need to - and my aim was much lower) after looking at all the positive comments this thread then what have I got to lose?

In fact when you break it down to 1.9lbs a week it doesn't seem like such a mountain. Bit more exercise, slightly fewer calories and boom.

Let the journey begin!
  • hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am up for the 100lbs lost in 2012. I need to get it done. At around 2lbs a week it is so doable.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I lost at least 90lbs last year, (not sure of my exact starting weight) and 70lb of that was between May, when I joined MFP, and December, so 100lbs is definitely doable, it is simply 2lbs per week, but I do expect the losses to slow down the closer I get to goal. Good Luck every one :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also am going to lose a 100 lbs in 2012 it can be done I joined mfp in August of 2011. Would love to make some new friends so we can all support one another.

2012 is our year lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!