What motivates you?

Options
My no 1 motivition is to be healthy:smile: . Also i want to go and see my brother who moved to Cyprus to work. His wife is expecting a little girl:love: . He would be really shocked to see how much weight iv put on since he went away. Cant wait to see him though:smile:

Replies

• Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    My husband and i go hikeing a lot in the summer. i want to be able to keep up. and not feel like im being draged.:wink: also looking good is always a motivation:laugh:
  • fairylovrgrl
    Options
    I have a hard time getting motivated too. I did a web search for motivating quotes and/or phrases and made this list for me to look at when I need the extra help.

Here's what I've come up with:
    *Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future.*

*Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday.*

*My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.*

*Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure.*

*Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment.*

*One should eat to live, not live to eat.*

*Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.*

*If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.*

*If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner.*

*Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

*Take twice as long to eat half as much.*

*Rule your mind or it will rule you.*
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Seeing my son every day....and this baby I am carrying...gives me the motivation I need to do whatever is in my power to be around for them as long as possible.

Also, my mother died when she was 50 and my maternal grandmother died at 49. They had issues I don't but I see those numbers and just decided that I won't die because of something I did or didn't do.

And just being afraid of living life because of how I felt before, when I was 270 lbs. I didn't want to do anything because I was so embarrassed. That is just no way to live and it wasn't fair to my family.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    vanity--i want my clothes to look flattering and i don't want to show up at my 20th h.s. reunion looking like this-- with a big spare tire.

otherwise--i want to be generally fit so i can do fun things with my family--hike, ski, bike ride
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    I am motivated because it's time for everyone to see the gal that I have been hiding under all the weight! I also really want a baby, and with my family history, conceiving is going to be hard enough someday...might as well make things play in my favor!
    Also, the fact that my pants are starting to fall off... :smile: :smile: