IM NOT SAYING ITS A CURE!!!!!!!!!!.......BUT IT HELPED ME

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    You are looking gooooooooooood! :bigsmile:

So many problems are caused by obesity, you're an inspiration to all those with this condition. Well done :flowerforyou:
  • manni87
    manni87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done you you look amazing!!
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 7 years ago and was put on a CPAP machine. The CPAP helped a lot and probably saved my life but it is a pain to deal with. Since losing 80 lbs last year, I no longer have sleep apnea and no longer need the CPAP machine at night. It was just one of the wonderful gifts that health and fitness have brought to my life.
    You're looking great. Keep up the good work.

9114468.png
    Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    It should probably be noted that sleep apnea isn't always related to weight. A family member who had a heart attack in his mid-70s, who took the doctors' advice seriously and spends 45 minutes a day on the treadmill, eats real food and has been slim, trim and energetic for all of the intervening 18 years, still has to use a CPAP. Apnea can be either obstructive, central or some combination of the two, and it can be entirely unrelated to weight. If the person on the other side of the bed tells you to get it checked out, even if you've just worked your weight down to what it was when you graduated high school as a three-letter athlete, get it checked out.

Obviously you didn't read the title. It worked for ME!!!!!!!!!
  • delipidation
    delipidation Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Obviously you didn't read the title. It worked for ME!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, got that. I was responding more to some of the other participants in the thread.

By the way, as others have noted, your transformation is visible, dramatic and encouraging! And I'll bet sleeping soundly through the night, once that started happening, was a significant factor in taking that transformation as far as it's gone.
  • samantha2224
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Looking jacked man, totally different person, Congrats on Beating Sleep Apnea.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow! great job!!!! I have sleep apnea, and I sleep alone and before I started losing weight. I was having episodes of gasping for air and my both legs going cold. it was horrible. I have a long way to go but I have noticed a good change. I sleep much better and wake up energized. and rested.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    i agree, my dad had sleep apnea for years, he was around 360 at 5 '10", he ended up having the gastric bypass and lost half of himself, he no longer has the condition and has been "cured" of his diabetes, not sure if you can officially be cured for that, but my husband has told me i snore at night too and i sleep horribly, hoping dropping weight helps with my situation, btw, you look really good :)
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    i agree, my dad had sleep apnea for years, he was around 360 at 5 '10", he ended up having the gastric bypass and lost half of himself, he no longer has the condition and has been "cured" of his diabetes, not sure if you can officially be cured for that, but my husband has told me i snore at night too and i sleep horribly, hoping dropping weight helps with my situation, btw, you look really good :)

I love hearing stories like this. Keep it up. Good luck on your journey. Keep me posted plz.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    Wow! great job!!!! I have sleep apnea, and I sleep alone and before I started losing weight. I was having episodes of gasping for air and my both legs going cold. it was horrible. I have a long way to go but I have noticed a good change. I sleep much better and wake up energized. and rested.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks for sharing. Im glad your feeling refreshed and energetic. It really makes a difference.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's great news!!! Fantastic work there!! Keep it up! :)
  • Blohndie77
    Options
    You are beautiful. And you are right about being treated for sleep apnoea. My dad and husband have it, and they both sleep fine because of the mask.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 7 years ago and was put on a CPAP machine. The CPAP helped a lot and probably saved my life but it is a pain to deal with. Since losing 80 lbs last year, I no longer have sleep apnea and no longer need the CPAP machine at night. It was just one of the wonderful gifts that health and fitness have brought to my life.
    You're looking great. Keep up the good work.

9114468.png
    Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.

Im glad you can relate. That machine was very irritating. Im glad you chose to fight it. Very inspiring.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! And I'm excited that it helped your OSA. I can only imagine the lack of sleep you got before.. plus I'm sure your wife sleeps way better now!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! You look fabulous! I too have sleep apnea and have the stupid mask - it doesn't help me at all! I also have Type 2 diabetes at 31 and I'm way too young for this sh**t. lol That's why I'm here.... :smile: Hoping I will be as successful as you on your journey!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good job on the wt los.Thanks for the info on sleep apnea.You may help someone who has it and doesn`t know it.
    jane
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! It's no surprise that the significant weight loss made your apnea disappear. I don't snore...except when I was pregnant!
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great! My husband has sleep apnea so bad that we sleep in different rooms...at his sleep study he stopped breathing 90 times in one hour...it's horrible. He is trying to join me in this journey, but having trouble getting the motivation.
  • jbarnes2
    jbarnes2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow. Nice job! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!