30 day shred

Options

Replies

• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of the shred on Monday. Yesterday I was so sore, I could hardly walk...haha. Today I will do it again and hopefully wont be as sore, so i can continue to do it every day.
  • Shizzagizza
    Options
    How are you all recording/logging the 30 day shred into myfitnesspal? I was thinking circuit training? I just finished day 4 today... I'm less sore and was able to do all the cardio without resting!
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    I am starting hte shred today as well! Excited to see results, what are you guys putting in for exercise when doing the shred?
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred - i have a hard time sticking to a schedule of doing it every day...i am going to try again though! :bigsmile:
  • stasult2008
    stasult2008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the 30 day shred, need to start redoing it!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :heart: the 30 day shred. I too am doing it again, I think this'll be the 4th time, I can't get enough of it!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred. This is my first time doing either one of them, so I thought I would be COMPLETELY insane, and do a hybrid of them. RIpped in 30 MWF and 30 Day Shred the other three and rest on Sunday. Needless to say: Monday I did Ripped in 30. Yesterday I did 30 Day Shred. This morning I groaned like a 90 y/o woman as I squatted down on the toliet :laugh: I'm so excited to see my results 30 days from now!
  • lisatamika
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday. You guys are scaring me!! :laugh:
  • skcowart35
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what the 30 day shred is please?
  • danielle0107
    danielle0107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Shred when I did it in the summer. I found her easy to follow and I definitely noticed a difference, especially in my arms and backside. I did do it every day without a break, and I was spurred on to finish, especially when I had made it half way.

I bought Ripped in 30 this week, and started that yesterday. Considering I didn't have too much pain with the Shred, I am shocked that I hurt so much after Day 1 of Ripped. Level 1 seems to be much more focused on the thighs with squats etc. OUCH.
    I have Day 2 tonight, followed by a Zumba class, so tomorrow should be interesting!
    She does say, however, that there should be a 'rest' day with the Ripped... bring on Sunday!
  • WWH_AJ
    Options
    I am starting hte shred today as well! Excited to see results, what are you guys putting in for exercise when doing the shred?

If you have a heart rate monitor, then it will give you an accurate reading. I have also found a heart rate calculator that I've been using to figure out the calories: http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/
    If not, then calisthenics or circuit training on MFP would suffice, but remember that MFP's calories burned are normally higher than your actual burn, so if you're eating back your excerise calories, don't eat them all back or you may be over eating! :)
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on 12/27/11.. It starts out hard, but gets easier! Good luck to everybody. Add me if you're looking for support : )
  • lozfisher
    Options
    Am I being thick? Whats the 30 day shred?
  • WWH_AJ
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what the 30 day shred is please?

It's a workout video from Jillian Michaels. There's 3 Levels and you do it for 30 days. She uses a 3-2-1 interval system where she has you do 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, along with a 2 minute warm-up and cool down. Wal Mart has them for about $9 :)
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed it in Nov. 2011. I started Ripped in 30 (harder so far!) on the first of Jan. 30-Day Shred was definitely challenging and I was thrilled with the results! Of course, use it as you see fit--I can understand wanting to do the alternating days. If you're curious as to how I handled it, though, I did it every single day. I used 3-lb weights for about 10 days, but moved up to 5- and 8-lb weights at any exercise I thought I could handle. The thing to remember is: by day four or five of each level, that level will start to get MUCH easier to do! It's proof that you're getting stronger. But I wanted to get my own cardio in, so typically I'd do the day's workout, then I'd go for a walk for about 40 min. I did that each day for 30 days and dropped a good 10 pounds or so (I probably would've lost more but I hadn't quite worked out my proper diet yet). Good luck to you! It kicked my *kitten*, and I loved it, so I wish you the same! =D
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed it in Nov. 2011. I started Ripped in 30 (harder so far!) on the first of Jan. 30-Day Shred was definitely challenging and I was thrilled with the results! Of course, use it as you see fit--I can understand wanting to do the alternating days. If you're curious as to how I handled it, though, I did it every single day. I used 3-lb weights for about 10 days, but moved up to 5- and 8-lb weights at any exercise I thought I could handle. The thing to remember is: by day four or five of each level, that level will start to get MUCH easier to do! It's proof that you're getting stronger. But I wanted to get my own cardio in, so typically I'd do the day's workout, then I'd go for a walk for about 40 min. I did that each day for 30 days and dropped a good 10 pounds or so (I probably would've lost more but I hadn't quite worked out my proper diet yet). Good luck to you! It kicked my *kitten*, and I loved it, so I wish you the same! =D

Oh, forgot to mention: my girlfriend was the one who introduced it to me. She also completed it and I think she lost about 15 pounds. Good luck!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am ashamed to say I gave it up around day 15... I will restart. Thanks for giving me a push!

^^^^ I am guilty of the above also (although I think I only made it to day 10! :sad: )
    I totally need to restart though & finish this time! Thanks for giving me an extra push =)
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I say do it 5 days a week! It should somehow get you to where you want to be.
  • mrsbrewha
    Options
    I am going to start day 1 today as well! I should say I am restarting! Having a lot of trouble finishing the full 30 days because once it gets to hard I stop. :( I need to motivate myself to do this and finish it! HELP ME!!
  • amatrey17
    Options
    Day 4 here and I hurt but not as much as the frst time i did it last year!! Here's to another 26 days!!!