30 day shred

Options

Replies

• ariel419
    Options
    Hey ladies, here's a link for a group that started a couple days ago. Keep up the good work! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1456-30-ds-challenge-1-02-12-carolinamomma3-s
  • kulchic723
    Options
    Hi All,

How are you logging this in your exercise section?
  • rubyeskimo
    rubyeskimo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done here and I must admit it got better towards the end! Bring on Day 2!
  • cowgirllisa86
    cowgirllisa86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I absolutely love the 30 day shred ! I know this may sound crazy =)...
    Today would have been day 10 on level 1 for me but I felt level 1 was getting to easy and i needed a challenge ! So i decided I would go to level 2 a day early and do level 2 an extra day. I noticed after the 4th to 5th day i wasnt nearly as sore and level 1 was getting easier but stll effective, the first 6 day I lost almost 2 inches !! I just completed day 1 of level 2 today it was challenging but in a good way ! I am doing the shred to tone up a bit b4 valnetines day, ( I am currently a size 4 and thats how i knew i lost almost 2 inches becuase my 4's fit but after starting the shred they were getting looser ) Also I have done the shred everyday since starting but i know that may not work for everyone just the way i was doing it =) My reward for completing level 1 is a new hairstyle/cut, for level 2 a new workout outfit and once level 3 is complete a new bikini and these things help me keep motivated !! Keep up the great work everyone, happy shredding !!!!
    (Something else i do is b4 my wrkout i take a bottle of water add a packet of crystal light into it and put it into the freezer for a slushy drink, definetly yummy ! )

5930822.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    Kulchic-I use my heart rate monitor...not sure how everyone else does it, but thats what I am doing now! :)
  • hrwinston
    Options
    I did Day 1 Level 1 one day last week and couldn't hardly walk for two days...it was torture. I did it again once my body stopped hurting and I got through it with no pain the next day. I haven't done it again though. I have been doing my own cardio/strength/abs on my own lately - I'm sure I won't get the results that Jillian can give though.
  • morelandmichelle
    Options
    Holy mother of god!

I have just done day 1, level 1 of the 30 day shred.

*trembles* I feel like jelly. haha

Well done to you ladies who've made it past day one!! haha MUST KEEP AT IT!!

I've took measurements and photographs and will do the same every four or five days

GOOD LUCK LADIES

(oh my arms ache sooooo bad!)
  • ItsMichaela
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I've gotten to the point that I'm excited to do it the next day and love every minute of it. Crazy. I haven't looked at level 2 yet, so that could all change, haha!
  • hschimke
    Options
    Any enlightenment what the '30 day shred' is?
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!! It is a great workout. Just did D1L3 yesterday! Oh boy! That is all I am going to say lol!
  • venessiel
    Options
    No so sure if its a good idea to do 30-day shred every day for a month, particularly if you're not used to that kind of vigorous training. Especially for many women who have notoriously weak knees and joints, I feel like weight training every single day (even if it is light weights-all of it still adds up quickly) cannot be good in the long run. What do you guys think?

Personally, I bought one of her other DVDs and am trying to use it every other day, around 3X a week (combined with cardio and yoga on other days, of course).
  • plumptopink
    Options
    Hey mine was day 1.......looking forward for soreness tomorrow( soreness kinda motivates me to workout next day, weird right)
    I guess i'll be sticking to it for a long......as it is exactly what i was looking for :)

lets do it ladies and be inspiration to each other

cheers

13695021.png
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey mine was day 1.......looking forward for soreness tomorrow( soreness kinda motivates me to workout next day, weird right)
    I guess i'll be sticking to it for a long......as it is exactly what i was looking for :)

lets do it ladies and be inspiration to each other

cheers

13695021.png

I completely agree, working out when sore actually makes the soreness go away for a while with me. I just finished day two and my arms are killing me. ouch... But it is so worth it!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

How are you logging this in your exercise section?

I log it as circuit training.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thinking of getting this! so...bump!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred last week and did it for three days in a row. I stopped from Friday-Tuesday which was a really bad idea, but started again today. It feels like it is much easier now, and I've decided I want to incorporate more into my workout so I can lose the weight.

I am going to try some Zumba for the first time tomorrow after the 30 day shre, probably not the full hour of Zumba, since I am sure it will take a lot out of me.

As for diet, it varies by the day. Today I had a bowl of special k with strawberries and a cheese stick for a snack, tonight I will probably eat some rice and sliced summer sausage. Some nights I make nice meals, such as a low calorie chicken parmesan. Other days I will cut back on carbs, but mostly I just try to eat a lot less calories throughout the day and drink lots of water. I've also been trying to drink green tea more often as it is very good for you, and raises metabolism.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started it in Nov and did it for a good week or so. Then I fell off the wagon. The 1st couple of days HURT. But it's such a great pain, you know it's working. I am doing it after work tonight and hope to get a full 30 days in. I'm getting married in 5 months and HAVE to get something done so I can find a dress :sad:
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    Circuit training, general = 209 Calories burned (give or take a few)
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 of level one last night still tough but I feel myself stopping less & I could not be happier bring on day four I'm ready for ya lol and, to everyone else great job I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE WE ARE WORTH A LITTLE PAIN
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    woot woot day 4 down hell yeah !!!