5'8 Goals?

Options

Replies

• Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    wow....I'm 183 and my goal is 164 (with possibility getting down to 150). I couldn't image going into the 120-130's
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i'm five eight. my goal weight is 122 or 120. I weigh about 125 now. i don't know if i will EVER lose those 5 lbs, but i'm trying so hard!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds so small for 5' 8" I'm 5' 8" and would love to see 140 to 150. I've come a long way baby with a 109 pounds lost.
    fatfatfat.jpg
    016.jpg
    010.jpg
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh Holy Moly! That's an amazing weight loss! I would love to see pics. I am just starting downward from 165ish. Like you, I am 5'8". My first goal is 135 but I want to see then too. I can believe more would feel good. I think it's just all about how happy you are with where you are now. Certainly, you're in a healthy range right?
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congratulations!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are at a great weight right now. I would be aiming for tone as opposed to more weight loss at this point.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8 started at 215. now at 163. aiming for 140-150. my girlfriend is 5'8 and 130. i think she looks great.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    started my heaviest at 178
    mfp started weight 162
    down to 149
    want to be 130 and less
    for my height the lowest i should be is 118 so you should be ok but dont be unhealthy!!
  • BVegasIs4Lovers
    BVegasIs4Lovers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8 and currently weight 190. I'd like to go down to 160. The lowest I've weighed as an adult is 176.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, I am only one inch shorter and am 112lb and that makes me look too skinny... so I reckon at 5'8", a good size would be 120lb.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'8 and my goal is 150, I haven't been there since high school and I know that, as an adult, it would be a good weight for me. My best friend recently lost over 50 pounds and is down to 143, we are the same height. She looks good but there isn't too much more to lose. All her boobs are gone and her butt.. she is a stick. She went through a tough divorce and I know she lost it the unhealthy way, now she is trying to gain so back to be around 150. I agree with an above poster.. what are you not liking? is it that you need to tone? Everyone's body is different so I can't speak for you. I have a boatload of muscle as it is right now and I find it near impossible to get down past 160!

best of luck
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm aiming for about 130lbs. I'm 168 (ish) at the moment and still feel quite large, I've got a very slim frame. When I was about 17/18 (10 years ago) I weighed 8 stone (so about 112lbs) and didn't look ridiculously skinny - obviously my shape has changed since then and I would probably look silly being that weight now so I figured aim for 130 and see what happens :-))
  • mrsjeffries0702
    mrsjeffries0702 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh around 145. I got down to 130 for my wedding this summer, and was very confident and comfortable. That's where I want to be again. I worked really hard to get there, and am now starting on that same journey again, but this time I aim to keep it off! Good luck on your journey! One day at a time!
  • fightingautism
    Options
    I started at 258 (5'7"), now 200ish. Right now my goal is the top of my healthy BMI, or 158. Once I arrive there I'll re-evaluate. I've been overweight most of my adult life, I'm not sure what my personal ideal weight is. I do believe going beneath the BMI charts is, in general, not healthy. Hope you find what works for you.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. Would like to get to 128ish. Currently 138. I think I have A LOT of toning to do though, more than 10lbs worth! :P
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hm, that does sound pretty small for 5'8".. i'm 5'8" & my ultimate goal is 160. i have a lot until i get there so who knows if once i'm there i wont want more. its whatever you feel good at just make sure you are in a healthy spot! maybe meet with your family doctor & get their opinion? couldn't hurt!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8", started at 173 and am now 157. My goal weight was 155, but might try for 150. But I have a bigger frame, even when I was scrawny and weighed 130 in high school I still was in a size 8/9 pants, but looking back didn't love my body then because i was too skinny and didn't have any curves. My goal is to be comfortable in 10/11s, so whatever weight that makes that happen.
  • koolmum
    koolmum Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well. I float around 150. My goal was never to be "thin", it is to be fit and athletic. I feel I have achieved that and I'm happy with my weight. I work as hard as I can in the gym and am conscientious in the kitchen. If I lose a few more pounds, so be it. If I don't, I'm OK with that too.

It's really personal preference on how you want to look as long as you feel happy and healthy.
  • xraygeek
    xraygeek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5"...a pretty large frame (broad shoulders and barrel chest), and my goal is to be around 170. I'm 199 right now.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how much time and effort (choices) you can put into the maintenance. About ten years ago (in my 30's) I went from 180 to 136lbs. It ended up being too thin for me, and after a job change I was distracted and didn't have the time to stay on the gym and cardio schedule, along with staying within the number of calories I was eating, etc. It's amazing how we all have the best of intentions, but then life gets in the way, and we put on the weight over time. It doesn't take too much of a life change to stand in your way of getting some me-time for quality exercise and convince you that two glasses of wine per night is a good thing.

This time, I've got a goal of a healthy weight that I can maintain with a "healthy life-style and eating habits." I started at 209 after some long awaited surgery. Once I was cleared to exercise again, I got motivated to eat better and give up drinking the wine every day. My goal is 165 and maintain. I've been a dedicated strength & toning gym-baby for the past two years, so I'm now adding back in the cardio.

My advice -- do what you feel is healthy and maintable for your lifestyle. Don't be too hard on yourself if you stray from that -- if your young, you'll have plenty of opportunties to try it again, with a better strategy. I'm 45, and this is my 2nd "lifestyle change," I'm not going to try to go so low that it's un-manageable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!