Please recommend your MRS or protein shake...

Options
that TASTES GOOD! Please no Beachbody coaches or MLM. I have tried Shakeology but am looking for something cheaper. I can't do Myoplex lite or Genisoy anymore- too sweet and fake tasting. I am looking for something relatively cheap, low in sugar and carbs, high in protein and preferably fiber. I will use it to replace breakfast and/or lunch so it needs to be low in calories since this is for weight loss. Please suggest brands and where to buy, I really appreciate it! I have spent a few hours on the boards searching this topic, but I wanted a new link about this since I am tired of reading people arguing about MLMs and such. Please only post what you have TRIED and I have a beachbody coach and know the spiels on that, Isogenics, etc. . :) Thanks!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like EAS vanilla. Mix it with milk and a banana or some berries and it's wonderful. I think it was 130 calories for the mix plus what ever you mix with it. I also like to mix it up with milk and use it as coffee creamer. Used to be able to get it cheap at Sams but not anymore so I have no idea.
  • scmatthews8
    Options
    Check out Lo Carb Metabolic Drive by Biotest. A little pricey but worth it. Excellent taste and great for lo-carb dieting.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i have been using body fortress since the summer and like it a lot. i was using just whey but i got whey isolte today since i had a coupon. each scoop has 140 cal, 1 fat, 3 carbs and 30 protein. i either mix it with water or put it in a smoothie with yogurt, fruit (and sometimes peanut butter if i am low on cals for the day)
    the taste is pretty decent even when it is just with water
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    **duplicate**
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    GNC pro performance Whey Iso Burst - very high protein, negligible carbs.
    I like the raspberry flavour.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any flavor from Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard 100% whey.
    120 - per seving
    4g carbs /1g fat/ 24pro
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any flavor from Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard 100% whey.
    120 - per seving
    4g carbs /1g fat/ 24pro
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I use Body by Vi (use it, don't sell it) and LOVE it. It's $99/month for 60 shakes ($1.65 per shake - less than many on the market & less than most meals). I was having a lot of health issues that basically stemmed from being malnourished, so this works for me. The protein count is lower than some (13g per serving), but depending on if you mix with almond milk, regular milk, etc that goes up. For me the nutrients were more important. It only comes in one flavor which is neutral, then what you add flavors it (a couple tablespoons of cocoa, or OJ, or frozen fruit, etc). The sugar is nothing - like 1g per serving, and to me it doesn't taste overly sweet. Again, a lot of it is what you add to it. It takes less than a minute to blend a shake, and I drink it even in the car on the go. Good luck finding something that works for you!! I have tried every protein shake under the sun & most make me sick! :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The 3 best tasting proteins are from

Gaspari (Myofusion/Intrapro)

TruNutrition (Trutein/Isology)

Xtreme Formulations (Ultra Peptide 2.0/Ultra Peptide Whey)

Nothing can touch those in terms of taste
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristina815
    Options
    I don't know if you live near a wegmans but they make a natural whey that is awesome!! Its only 80 calories per scoop, its 18 grams of protein, only 2 grams of sugar and almost no fat... its sweetened with stevia so it has a light taste thats really good and not over powering or chemical-esque! Hope this helps!
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    The 3 best tasting proteins are from

Gaspari (Myofusion/Intrapro)

TruNutrition (Trutein/Isology)

Xtreme Formulations (Ultra Peptide 2.0/Ultra Peptide Whey)

Nothing can touch those in terms of taste
    This^^^^!!! In a big way!
  • malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will check these out!
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    CINNAMON VANILLA PROTEIN SHAKE!!! YUMMM!!!!

CHECK OUT www.sinorslim.com FOR THE RECIPE AND TONS OF OTHERS!!

IMG_9005.jpg
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/CytoSport-makers-Muscle-Milk-Chocolate/dp/B003U0FFCU

This is the kind I use. It's got 27g of protein and I think it's 140 cals. Not sure about fiber. They sell it at Costco for less than $40 from what I hear. I didn't buy mine. I need to go get some more though b/c I am almost out. I mix it with water and think it's really good. I do mix it and then stick it in the freezer for up to an hour. I like all my drinks really cold and this tastes better really cold.