NY Resolution people and packed gyms!!?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!, I get annoyed at the newbies, and get irritated at the wait, but you have hit the nail on the head. We need to encourage these newbies.. I was one, I felt so out of place not knowing where everything was, looking scared and almost didn't want to go back. but i had a few people, help me. Show me what i can do, told me to take to slow. and now, I have new goals and new life!!.. I have missed a few days at the gym, I have set new goals for 2012 and am going back to the gym.. I welcome the new people, because nothing is better then going in a few months later and seeing them and seeing how well they are doing. If they can do then so can I. They inspire me.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I hit gym around 5/6 am most days and love that it is 3/4 empty. I think it is a good sign that more people jump on the bandwagon.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I hit gym around 5/6 am most days and love that it is 3/4 empty. I think it is a good sign that more people jump on the bandwagon.
  • spacecdt16
    spacecdt16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My gym has a great little page on there web page which logs when people go to it (you need to use your personal pin no. to get through the door) so I can see which times of day are less buisy and just jump into there.

I guess gyms need this time of year think all those people who decide they can't be bothered after a month but refuse to drop there gym subscription because that would be actually admitting they have given up. These people making it cheaper for the rest of us to go ^_^.

its only a few weeks of either fighting for a machene or chaning our routine slightly, but the benifits in lower gyms fees over all are worth the inconvenience i think.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    When I'm looking to change gym's, I go this time of year because you can usually get a good discount. Then I wait a month and go.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym for the first time since the holidays. I thought it was less crowded than usual, but it seemed that the classes were fuller.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced this with my gym so far, but I go early in the morning and I believe most ppl at my gym come after work....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My plan is to encourage the old guys in the locker room to do even more naked-stroll-around-and-chat time. Especially the guy with more hair on his shoulders than I've ever had on my head. A few days of that and I'll get my "elliptical in the corner by the window" back.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    just remember we all started somewhere....

besides, it's those that sign up, pay membership and stop showing up, that keep our gyms open!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    dang looks like a lot of people own gyms these days
    i gotta start saving some money
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I can't believe some of the responses on here. I try not to take these message boards too seriously,especially in the chit-chat, fun and games section BUT I do find most of the reactions here astonishing.

Give people a break. Everyone does have to start somewhere. Who cares if they start on June 1 or January 1 or October 1. They started. I would tend to agree with one poster that some people do stop going because of feeling uncomfortable.

Do you know how many times I started to lose weight and then decided to stop because I got discouraged? How many times has that happened to any of you? So now, here I am, doing better than I was in August but still not "looking good" and still needing to improve my health. Every day is a struggle. Every day. If the date January 1 gives someone the motivation to change then all anyone should do is encourage that person to move forward.

Sometimes the posts on here are really disappointing.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Update!: Ok so I rolled into the gym last night and it was NOT as packed as I expected. I mena it was MORE than usual but not Kraazzzyyy full. HOWEVER free pizza was the day prior(MOnday) so that might have had something with it not being kraaazzzyyy packed on Tuesday.
    there wa ALOT of eye candy.........damn!:devil:
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Seriously, some people make me sad. The same people that are making me procrastinate going back to the gym this week because I have been gone a little over a month and will be made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. Thank you for helping me realize that I was correct.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    my little gym was always lonely.. maybe 1-2 people in there when I'd go to my class.. yesterday there were about 15! :noway:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Eh.........the only think the newbies do is wreck my parking space availability. Since most people's idea of losing weight is the treadmills and not weight lifting, my routine isn't affected much.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Seriously, some people make me sad. The same people that are making me procrastinate going back to the gym this week because I have been gone a little over a month and will be made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. Thank you for helping me realize that I was correct.

The only person making you procrastinate is you.

Sorry I don't like crowded gyms. Does anyone? I don't have to encourage strangers. It's on them to stick with it. I'm not mean and I don't say two words to anyone the entire time I'm at the gym.

Your (royal you) weight loss is not on me. It's on you. I'm doing this for me and I don't like walking 25 minutes in the cold to the gym to find the machine I use everyday is taken up by someone having trouble hooking up their iPod to the elliptical.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Damn I missed the free pizza MOnday!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options

Sorry I don't like crowded gyms. Does anyone? I don't have to encourage strangers. It's on them to stick with it. I'm not mean and I don't say two words to anyone the entire time I'm at the gym.

Your (royal you) weight loss is not on me. It's on you. I'm doing this for me and I don't like walking 25 minutes in the cold to the gym to find the machine I use everyday is taken up by someone having trouble hooking up their iPod to the elliptical.

That was really rude. Why do you have to be so mean? Oh wait - let me guess - you were just being honest. *note sarcasm intended*
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Damn I missed the free pizza MOnday!!!!

Me too! There's always next month... if you are still there :devil:
  • BrettPGH
    Options

That was really rude. Why do you have to be so mean? Oh wait - let me guess - you were just being honest. *note sarcasm intended*

You're right. It's my fault the stranger I've never met in my life doesn't want to go to the gym. She'd go all the time, if it weren't for all the meanies there...working out...not paying any attention to her.. just trying to exercise. *kitten*.