PRETENDING TO NOT LOVE SOMEONE WHEN YOU DO?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Never lie or hide your feelings. Also know when it's time to walk away. You are young, don't settle for almost good enough.. Wait for that man or woman who wants you to be the only girl they love all their life.

That said...I know nothing.... And shouldn't give any advice on love
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In an honest, healthy relationship, you should not need to play games. If being honest is going to drive him away, then he's not right for you.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Telling him that you still care for him and then asking for his feelings is a win win situation. Maybe he still cares for you, and if so, you can try to make things work. However, if he says that he has moved on or just wants to be friends, you KNOW and you can move on too.

Personally, I'd much rather be in the hell of getting over an unrequited love - which is temporary - than indefinitely be in the purgatory of not knowing.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    You're only 22. Move on.

We always learn from these types of situations, but we rarely seem to apply the lessons until the next relationship.

I guess everyone who doesn't quite know the situation finds it easy to say MOVE ON.. well after being with this person and being engaged.. and going through things such as miscarriages and loss of children.. yeah.. not so simple to SIMPLY MOVE ON. meh.. seems pointless to ask advice lol
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    Move on. Loving someone doesn't mean you're in love, and you can love someone very much who is the absolute wrong person for you. Both of you have things to work on ... so keep working on those things, get yourself right inside, and then seek out a partner that makes you truly happy.

umm I remember writing in there.. that umm.. I am still IN love with him. lmao pointless to argue lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems you've asked a pointless question since you've already got it figured out...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're only 22. Move on.

We always learn from these types of situations, but we rarely seem to apply the lessons until the next relationship.

I guess everyone who doesn't quite know the situation finds it easy to say MOVE ON.. well after being with this person and being engaged.. and going through things such as miscarriages and loss of children.. yeah.. not so simple to SIMPLY MOVE ON. meh.. seems pointless to ask advice lol

We're a bunch of strangers on a message board. We only know what you told us.

My life experience says you are going to get hurt. Do with that what you will.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have been in your shoes... the key is to be honest. You either love him or you don't. He either loves you, or he doesn't. Sometimes you THINK you are "in love" with someone when instead you just may love. Pretending or playing house isn't a reason to be with someone... only YOU know the answer to this... maybe just not right this minute.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You're only 22. Move on.

We're a bunch of strangers on a message board. We only know what you told us.

My life experience says you are going to get hurt. Do with that what you will.

i agree a...you aske d abunch of strangers cannot really get upset with their responses. In my experience you can ask all the advice you want but at the end of the day you alreayd know what you re going to do so quit wasting your time and do what you already know
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems you've asked a pointless question since you've already got it figured out...

Another please tell me just what I want to hear even though it is different then what I know.

To the OP,given the new info provided what then are the details of the break up,you are leaving a lot out of this.
    Did he leave you and why,did you tell him to go and again why?
  • ScrewyChars-13040707
    Options
    oh my im a celebrity get me outta here !
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I say play the part of the knight in shineing armor and sweep him off his feet . . .
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    If he is just not that into you, then maybe it is time to move on. Entering into a one sided relationship is never easy. You will be setting yourself up for some real heartache. That's just simply one hellova bumpy ride.

He may very well care for you, and maybe even love you .. but, he may not be 'in love' with you. In the time you've had together, and if it hasn't happened yet .. I could be wrong, but my guess is he is just not going to give you want you want most...his devotion.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You're only 22. Move on.

^^This...

Totally what they said!