oatmeal

Options
boobee32
boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
it is amazing what a HUGE bowl of oatmeal you can eat in the morning for only 150 calories. I chop an apple and cook in mine, with just a bit of cinnamon, and then pour a bit of torani caramel flavoring syrup over it(sugar free) and it makes it really really yummy without adding any extra calories. 200 calories, for a huge bowl !

Replies

• BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Did you ever get the hungry girl cookbook?That sounds very similar to the hungry girl apple pie oatmeal! I have to try it with the syrup though...yum!
  • Selyan
    Selyan Posts: 51
    Options
    That's why I love oatmeal! :D
    I usually replace some of the oat with wheat bran (? don't really know what the English name is), who is even more filling for less calories.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    YUM!!! :bigsmile:
  • Tammysueless
    Options
  • Tammysueless
    Options
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    No Becky, I didnt, but I am going to Amazon and buy it right now. It is similar to the HG, with the exception of the syrup. I also dont put sugar or salt in mine. Try to keep it as low cal as I can. I also put Rasberry Syrup in from time to time, and I like that as well. :)
  • spamsmom
    Options
    It is also good with Torani sugar free Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    THAT is also my "winter" breakfast! Oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk, apples, cinnamon and I add 2 T of sliced almonds! And a drizzle of SF Maple Syrup. SO GOOD!