buying a wii, what's best?

Options
DJJW
DJJW Posts: 519 Member
Ok everyone, I've seen you all logging in hours of video game exercise. I want to know what you like and dislike about all of the wii's different games. Yes balance board, no balance board. what games. This is my only one big spending of the year so lets not use pricing as an issue on this. Love to hear what you all say.

Replies

• cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got a wii for christmas and I LOVE it. I have Wii Sport, and WII Fit w/balance board. The Wii Fit has options of creating your own workout and it leads you through the different exercises. I use it for yoga and aerobic workouts when I can't make it to the yoga studio or out for a jog/walk. It's a lot of fun!
    I don't know that I get as good of a workout as when I go to a class or out for a jog, but it is a whole lot better than sitting on the couch watching TV. :)
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus. Has all sorts of fun exercises and yoga. It has the ability to make a program so you dont have long pauses between exercises too. I also have Just Dance 3. That is fun also. That goes for $29.99 in Best Buy so thats not too bad. Those are the only exercise games I have but they both give you a good workout for fat burning that is. I still do some weight training on the side to make up for the lack of that in the games.
    Good Luck!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The wii biggest loser game with the American tv hosts is the game good to move on from after wii fit
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus and really enjoy it. Especially the yoga and strength exercises. There are cardio parts as well but I didnt find they were challenging me as hard as I would like, and seems to take alot of time to burn significant amount of calories.

I bought the Wii Sports Active2 and love it! It comes with an arm band to track your heart rate, leg strap to track your motion, and resistance bands. You can use it with the Wii board or without. You can either do set programs.....3 or 9 week challenges with your "trainer"....which have you work out 3-4 times a week for 20-30 mins. Or you can pre set your own workouts, and choose what kind (upper body, lower body, cardio, etc), and length of workout.
    You can also choose your fitness and intensity level which is awesome. I highly recommend it for a Wii fitness choice :)
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    I have the original Wii Fit and EA Active....both of which i love am desperate to get Zumba for the wii too .
    I used the EA Active before i got the balance board. I use the board to weigh too its pretty acurate.
  • kmcka637
    kmcka637 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    EA ACTIVE 2. Best thing ever!! Over 90 exercises with 3 different fitness levels. Puts you on a 9 week program and comes with a HRM to track calories more efficiently. If you have a Wii fit board, it incorporates it as well. It's awesome!
  • kmcka637
    kmcka637 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    EA ACTIVE 2. Best thing ever!! Over 90 exercises with 3 different fitness levels. Puts you on a 9 week program and comes with a HRM to track calories more efficiently. If you have a Wii fit board, it incorporates it as well. It's awesome!
  • Tams1408
    Options
    We have WII Fit Plus. I love it. I like the step aerobics and the super hula hoop. You wouldn't think that pretending to hula hoop would be a work out, but it actually is. Or, at least, I feel it when I'm done. lol
  • rebeckapitman
    Options
    Zumba for the wii! It depends whether you are easily self conscious and what exercise you would rather do. If you like dancing and having fun whilst working out then Zumba might be your answer! I personally hate going to the gym and going running and tbh i now actually look forward to putting it on. Hope this helps x
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Bump! looking for more ideas ......

I only have 1 fitness game so far. Walk it Out! ...... OK it will not burn big calories, but it's mindless and it's ADDICTIVE. You only need a remote & nunchuck. Can be used with board or mat too, but remote/nunchuck is popular choice.

Good:
    1. 120 songs (you have to earn these) with several different playlists. Not the original artists (a few are).
    2. $20 relatively cheap
    3. You can increase intensity - pick all fast songs, use a rebounder, others use a treadmill, I'm still new ..... will figure this stuff out eventually

Bad:
    1. Directions are really poor. Look for "Discussion Threads" on Amazon or Sparkpeople for information on how to play
    2. Graphics are super basic .... gamers will hate this
    3. No Walk it Out! 2 ..... need more
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus (comes with Balance board purchase), EA Active 2, and still learning Zumba.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The "Just Dance" series. Gets you moving, and his hilarious.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great question - I've got Wii Zumba but haven't used it much - will read this post for motivation, lol!
  • parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you haven't bought a Wii yet, you should take a look at the xbox kinect. I just got one for xmas and LOVE it. It really gets the blood pumping.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Zumba all the way! Wii Fit is not a good workout at all. It takes forever to really get anything out of it. Also, The Biggest Loser is a great one, too.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We have WII Fit Plus. I love it. I like the step aerobics and the super hula hoop. You wouldn't think that pretending to hula hoop would be a work out, but it actually is. Or, at least, I feel it when I'm done. lol

^^^THIS^^^^^ also has yoga and other exercises, I agree on the hula hoop, ur sides and legs will feel the burn! Also we got the biggest loser for the Wii and it kinda feels like Julian and Bob are there with u! On another note I want to get the Zumba for the wii but I think it might be pricey!

I only use these when I don't get to the gym to work out .
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I recently have starting playing Wii sports. I really enjoy the boxing one. I get really involved in it and even use my mini trampoline. I really want to get Zumba.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My only exercise is with my Wii & walking/running outside, as I don't have a gym membership.

The Wii games I have are:
    Wii Sports (original with my system)--I do tennis & boxing on it
    Wii Fit Plus with balance board
    Wii EA Active 2
    Wii Zumba (just got it for Christmas & have only done it once)
    Wii Just Dance 2
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    i dont really like wii :ohwell: i prefer kinect, that my dad just got me for my birthday :bigsmile: anyway, i really think that kinect is much better as you dont need to have anything in your hands, and you need to move all your body not just hands :wink: in your place i would really think more of kinect, but its your decision :flowerforyou:
  • Xenopus
    Xenopus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found Wii Fit good for gentle workouts but the EA Sports Active is a more complete program and gives a challenging workout. EA Sports active 2 is great. You can get it really cheap from some online sites.