Ripped in 30 - January

Options

Replies

• Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I have just done L1D1 and would love to join you! I have done Ripped in 30 a couple of months ago but for some reason stopped when I was nearly done with Level 3.

Today I could really how unfit I am currently are. It was quite hard. I do remember however that last time around I improved pretty quickly.

I will take my measurements tomorrow and post them.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Daisy
  • tayquinn9
    Options
    I attempted 30 DS in november and lasted about 3 days. I'm dissapointed about that so I am very excited to start again! I am three days late but I'm excited to join!

Good Luck Everyone!

-Tay
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    first day was good. feeling little pain in arm but sticking to it.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did my second day of workout 2 today and I am as sore as I was at the end of last week.
    I did an extra 15 minutes of stretching afterwards to try and loosen up my hamstrings.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is done! Right now I think the second circuit is my favourite.

I think I might have to add a few more minutes of stretching afterwards, I'm feeling pretty stiff. Other than that I feel so good after I finish the workout; I have so much energy!

How are you tracking it? When I did 30DS I tracked it as circuit training; I'm doing the same for this one and I put it as 30 minutes (I count the warm-up)

@ Daisy80 - I was so exhausted/sore after day 1, but now I feel so much better now, you really do get used to it quickly.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 3 is done! Right now I think the second circuit is my favourite.

I think I might have to add a few more minutes of stretching afterwards, I'm feeling pretty stiff. Other than that I feel so good after I finish the workout; I have so much energy!

How are you tracking it? When I did 30DS I tracked it as circuit training; I'm doing the same for this one and I put it as 30 minutes (I count the warm-up)

@ Daisy80 - I was so exhausted/sore after day 1, but now I feel so much better now, you really do get used to it quickly.

Yes I am looking forward to have another go and it getting easier. I think my favourite circuit was 3 before but not sure! I always stretch longer- especially my legs.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done here too. I was also a little insane and did 6W6P and a Cto5K run. I'm a little sore now. Wonder what that means for tomorrow. :ohwell:
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - COMPLETE!

its going okay, I think Im getting better at the first circuit, the ab part, the planks easy, but the bit after where you lay on your back? THAT KILLS ME!

but yep it was a good day, arms arent even sore from the heavier weight. Didnt manage to get to the last circuit with them again, but I can keep trying...

Also the push ups. Cant do them all on my toes, I have to go to modified half way through!

Hope everyones doing well.
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started ripped in 30 on the first. I however did not do it on the 2nd and 3rd because my body hurt. I will continue it today. I have made it through the 30ds and coming on here is what helped me make it through. So here I am, I won't look back and finish out the first week without any rest and that still gives me 5 days of exercise and two days of rest for the first week....Day 4!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a little ahead, so I completed day 6 today. My butt is a little sore but in that nice 'I've literally worked my butt off' way. Has anyone here ever done Ripped in 30 all the through before? I'm a little afraid of what Jillian's going to throw at me when I move on.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Day 4 - COMPLETE!

its going okay, I think Im getting better at the first circuit, the ab part, the planks easy, but the bit after where you lay on your back? THAT KILLS ME!

but yep it was a good day, arms arent even sore from the heavier weight. Didnt manage to get to the last circuit with them again, but I can keep trying...

Also the push ups. Cant do them all on my toes, I have to go to modified half way through!

Hope everyones doing well.

Hang in there, the hollow man will get easier. At least, I have found that to be so. And great that you're working your way up on the push ups. Good good job. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I started ripped in 30 on the first. I however did not do it on the 2nd and 3rd because my body hurt. I will continue it today. I have made it through the 30ds and coming on here is what helped me make it through. So here I am, I won't look back and finish out the first week without any rest and that still gives me 5 days of exercise and two days of rest for the first week....Day 4!

I'm like you, having group support makes a difference in me seeing things through. You got this.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I'm a little ahead, so I completed day 6 today. My butt is a little sore but in that nice 'I've literally worked my butt off' way. Has anyone here ever done Ripped in 30 all the through before? I'm a little afraid of what Jillian's going to throw at me when I move on.

Yay for working your butt off! You are well on your way to owning this thing. :)

I did this workout in November and completed levels 1, 2 and 3, and then got sick for a week and a half. I came back and did 3 days of level 4 and felt like I was cheating and that I should start over. Why, I don't know.

So here I am again, restarting it. I'm impressed with how much stronger I feel at the beginning this time. STrength gains were just from doing RI30 in November. So it definitely works.

Don't let Jillian psych you out too much. If I had one complaint about this DVD it's that from day 1 she's already telling you that week 3 and 4 are going to be gnarly. I did find week 3 to be tough, but I wonder how much of that is because I expected it to suck royally. Week 3 was by far the worst, and week 4 was much better, even though I had taken time off.

My advice would be to preview each level before you go to do it so you have an idea what's coming, and use the "mute" button liberally. That should help you out!
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done here too. I was also a little insane and did 6W6P and a Cto5K run. I'm a little sore now. Wonder what that means for tomorrow. :ohwell:

You're making me feel lazy! ha ha

Day 4 is done and I'm not sore anymore woo hoo!

It's great seeing more people joining the group and people that have done it before.

Thanks for the warning on week 3, maybe if I dread it a lot I'll be pleasantly surprised. :wink:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 2 done! I am really sore! It is hard to walk. I think it is because after Day 1 I did not take enough time to stretch after. It can only get better :smile:

Great to see everyone is doing so well!

Daisy
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I have to say that first time I was so scared of level 3. I always read how hard it is and so on. Then when I did it I was pleasantly surprised. Yes of course it was hard but I really enjoyed it. I did not make it to level 4 but out of the 3 I think 3 is my favourite...
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I have to say that first time I was so scared of level 3. I always read how hard it is and so on. Then when I did it I was pleasantly surprised. Yes of course it was hard but I really enjoyed it. I did not make it to level 4 but out of the 3 I think 3 is my favourite...

You're BADASS!!! :) I hope to be able to claim that level 3 is my favorite after completing it this time around. Glad you're sticking with it!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

You're making me feel lazy! ha ha

Day 4 is done and I'm not sore anymore woo hoo!

It's great seeing more people joining the group and people that have done it before.

Thanks for the warning on week 3, maybe if I dread it a lot I'll be pleasantly surprised. :wink:

By no means should you feel lazy - you're doing RI30 which is not for the lazy or the weak. :) I did level 1 again today and enjoyed a walk outside. Looking forward to moving up to level 2 soon. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    sorry, double post.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 workout 3 today..it kicked my butt again! I will be out of town Friday so no workout The
    But should be able to get it in tomorrow ;)