BEYONCE'S MAPLE SYRUP DIET?

Options
Has anyone tried this diet? From what I know it consists of only drinking maple syrup with water and lemon juice. Was thinking of doing this for maybe a weekend? Not too long as im aware that it's not very healthy haha but just to give me a kick start! Any thoughts or experiences? :)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet? From what I know it consists of only drinking maple syrup with water and lemon juice. Was thinking of doing this for maybe a weekend? Not too long as im aware that it's not very healthy haha but just to give me a kick start! Any thoughts or experiences? :)

sounds similar to the master cleanse. really it won't kick start anything.

Just eat foods you like and maintain a consistent caloric deficit. Getting in adequate amounts of protein and fats would be ideal as well
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options

sounds similar to the master cleanse. really it won't kick start anything.

Just eat foods you like and maintain a consistent caloric deficit. Getting in adequate amounts of protein and fats would be ideal as well

^^^THIS^^^ Fad diets are just that. Fads. Take a look at ACG's pic. Clearly, he know's what he is talking about. Do what he suggests, stay under on your calories and expect to lose between 1/2 and 2 lbs per week. That is the healthy way. Everything is fluff that someone is making money off of.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If it settles your mind, go for it. Just be sure it's a pure grade maple syrup otherwise you'll be drinking nothing but high fructose corn syrup. Personally, I wouldn't even think of doing this.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    This would be like kick starting your undergrad degree by dropping out of high school
  • Itsartmar
    Options
    Hahahah okay okay I won't do it! No need to get mean, was just an idea;)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    sometimes these boys dont realize how hard it is for us to drop weight when they can lose 10 LBS in a week!. but I have been eating clean for a month, dropped 10 lbs and never hungry, 3 inches off my waist. btw I love all my guys on my friends list, just saying!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    sometimes these boys dont realize how hard it is for us to drop weight when they can lose 10 LBS in a week!. but I have been eating clean for a month, dropped 10 lbs and never hungry, 3 inches off my waist. btw I love all my guys on my friends list, just saying!
    and no i would never want to do that to my body btw
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This would be like kick starting your undergrad degree by dropping out of high school

:laugh: YES!
  • sonjawi
    sonjawi Posts: 46
    Options
    I heard the first time of this diet when I was 12. I remember you could buy a special maple sirup for it in the drugstore. Well, I am 35 now...so it's nothing new really *lol* Never tried it, but I believe in changing my lifestyle, not just try to lose a few pounds fast. The only time I tried this approach in my 20s it went pretty wrong. Lost 20 pounds in 10 days by just drinking slimfast 3 times a day - regained 40 pounds in the next month because my metabolism was in snail mode. Never again :).
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I did it, lost weight but gained back when I started eating. :noway: don't recommend! It is a good drink though. Would make a good energy drink for extreme workouts like long hikes or running.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I've heard you are what you eat.

Since I would like to be lean and ripped, I think I should start by eating Acg67. Sure hope he doesn't mind...
    Then I'm moving on to fpacudan.
    Then _david_.
    Maybe Sidesteal.
    Then N-BEAST_MODE.
    Then Big_Lew...

Think it'll work?

ETA: that was not necessarily the order I will consume my lean ripped friends, just a general menu.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Since I would like to be lean and ripped, I think I should start by eating Acg67. Sure hope he doesn't mind...
    Then _david_.
    Maybe Sidesteal.
    Then N-BEAST_MODE.
    Then Big_Lew...

Think it'll work?

ETA: that was not necessarily the order I will consume my lean ripped friends, just a general menu.

I love it! :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Then _david_.
    Maybe Sidesteal.
    Then N-BEAST_MODE.
    Then Big_Lew...

Think it'll work?

Do it!
  • rellyfive
    Options
    I understand wanting to do something like that to kick start things but i wouldn't do syrup because it's too sweet. I once did a plain oatmeal diet for 5 days i lost 9 pounds and gained back 7 fast but I would still do it again because once I was done I no longer craved sweets or soda or anything the main thing I craved was broccoli and I was able to stay on a healthy diet afterwards
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hahahah okay okay I won't do it! No need to get mean, was just an idea;)
    Relax. Please note that folks are criticizing the idea, and not you.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

OMG I always love your posts buds :D
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I tried this but I thought you were supposed to bathe in it... That what I did anyway... yummy bubble bath.

"how could you possibly go wrong with a maple syrup diet..." -buddy the elf
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Then _david_.
    Maybe Sidesteal.
    Then N-BEAST_MODE.
    Then Big_Lew...

Think it'll work?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

Then _david_.
    Maybe Sidesteal.
    Then N-BEAST_MODE.
    Then Big_Lew...

Think it'll work?

Hey, I was told secretly by my good friend Sunshine_88 that this is how she got so good lookin!
    Love ya girly!
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I know a lady who did this diet and almost died! Her nutrients got so out of whack, she passed out and was in intensive care until they could get her stabilized. Yes, she lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks, but was it worth it?

Secondly, it sounds disgusting!

My experience with cleanses is that I get so hungry to the point I want to chew off my arm and then end up just giving in and binging.

Stick to healthy eating and stay in your calories.