Zumba on Wii

Options
Hi, I just started doing Zumba 2 on my Wii. It is so much fun and I sweat my butt off. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that is doing Zumba at home with the Wii? If you are, how is it going? Have you lost weight, what other things are you doing to lose weight and keep the weight off. Please give me your input. Thanks!!!

Replies

• julilaeve
    julilaeve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started doing Zumba 2 for the wii as well, so far it has helped me lose 12 lbs, and I have noticed a lot of changes to my body, in the fact I just look more toned. Hope it works well for you

Julia
  • gulibhar
    Options
    Hey Zumba on wii is fab. It certainly makes you sweat and lose loads of Cals. You'll see the benefit around week three.

Good luck :)
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i just started it to day and i burned 306 calories in 15 min, so far i love it and i can feel it
  • kbsagely
    kbsagely Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have Zumba for my Wii, but we just got XBox for Christmas and I saw they have it for XBox. I may have to try it now!! I did a Zumba class at my sister's gym once when they had bring a friend day. It really kicked my butt!
  • Kelra01
    Kelra01 Posts: 23
    Options
    To tel you the truth I didnt even know they had Zumba for Wii.... now thats something Im going to go look for!!
  • I LOVE zumba on wii - it's by far my favorite workout!!! It's so fun I actually look forward to it! I wear a bodymedia fit and I can see it burns a lot of calories for me and registers almost all as vigorous activity. Love it!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have both Zumba games.... Love them both
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I'm a Zumba freak. Before the New Year I was doing classes at the gym 2x a week but during Jan and Feb, I dont even try to go. I got Zumba last year for the wii and I love it! I do the intermediate 45 minute sessions and in 50 minutes burn 500-600 calories depending on how hard I get into it. In classes, I love striving to follow the instructor and I think the game mimics the craving to prove myself by getting the green instructor to flash. Thats how I know I'm doing it right (or close enough!).

Would def. recommend it to others. I didnt know until yesterday that there was a Zumba 2 out there, I have the 1st one. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
  • miotunho
    miotunho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is Zumba for Wii anything like in-person Zumba classes? I loved going to the Zumba classes at my college's gym last semester but this upcoming semester, they won't work in my schedule. Is the Wii game as intense and have as much variety as a class?
  • xlevsen
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and do it once a week. I tend to switch my excercising from one thing to another to keep myself focused on my goal. I will go for a walk one night, do zumba the next, play wii fit, or play Just Dance 3 on the wii and Country Dance. I enjoy changing things up.
  • Pinkielee81
    Pinkielee81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Zumba & the biggest loser challenges for wii...I like the biggest loser better then Zumba....but I do them both....so far I've lost 2 pounds while doing them...
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba 2 for Wii since my January goal is to lose at least 10lbs. I've only tried it once and just felt so dumb! my husband has been encouraging me to try again and I know I will, I just have to force myself to get over my self consciousnesses
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi, I got Zumba 2 for Wii for Christmas, and I am officially addicted! I even have Latino music playing in my head all day now. I actually started playing the Latin music station on Pandora so I can dance while I'm cooking dinner and cleaning... sad, I know.:tongue:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    absolutely love it. been doing zumba for a year and have lost my 20 pounds and also have toned up a lot. i absolutely love it. the 2nd one tells your time, percent, and calories burnt. they do single songs too so when the 3 year old is pottying i do a song. haha.
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    absolutely love it. been doing zumba for a year and have lost my 20 pounds and also have toned up a lot. i absolutely love it. the 2nd one tells your time, percent, and calories burnt. they do single songs too so when the 3 year old is pottying i do a song. haha.
  • ValFerg67
    ValFerg67 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got a wii fit for Christmas and I ordered Zumba and expect it to be in tomorrow.........can't wait to try it! Also ordered Just Dance 3
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    Hi, I got Zumba 2 for Wii for Christmas, and I am officially addicted! I even have Latino music playing in my head all day now. I actually started playing the Latin music station on Pandora so I can dance while I'm cooking dinner and cleaning... sad, I know.:tongue:

hubby has we speak no americano stuck in his head all day at work today and when i go to bed i hear pitbulls pause in my head. haha, so i know how you feel. theres a group on here for us addicted zumba people. :laugh:
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love it! I use that & go to the gym when I can. I've lost all my weight doing both & eating healthier. As a matter of fact, I'm getting off here now so I can Zumba away :)
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

hubby has we speak no americano stuck in his head all day at work today and when i go to bed i hear pitbulls pause in my head. haha, so i know how you feel. theres a group on here for us addicted zumba people. :laugh:

OMG, I had one of the songs stuck in my head too. I was doing the movements in my head. The song name is making me draw a blank right now, but yes, they get jammed in your brain!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 1 and 2 on the Wii! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

plus all the Just Dance (1,2, 3, summer) Micheal Jackson and Black eyed peas Experience... FUUNN workouts!