• momtoally
    Options
    whole wheat toast or minibagel with peanut butter
    cottage cheese with pineapple or tropical fruit mix
    dry cereal and a yogurt
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Larabars!! Just be sure to get the fruit ones and not the chocolate ones. The chocolate ones have added sugar.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My kids eat everything BUT breakfast food - turkey keilbasa and whole grain rice and bell peppers; lean sirloin hamburger patty with salsa and a whole grain roll; tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, olive oil and garlic; turkey wrapped around cheese and some toast. I encourage it as long as they're eating breakfast.
  • alliecat123
    alliecat123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You might give egg whites a whirl if you haven't yet. I'm not a fan of regular eggs, but these are much less eggy tasting :) My new thing is turkey sausage patties. I also like Fiber One muffins, Fage greek yogurt and anything kashi. You may not do smoothies, but try a protein shake... Most protein powder you can just put into milk and shake it up. Not much time or mess.
  • alliecat123
    Options
    You might give egg whites a whirl if you haven't yet. I'm not a fan of regular eggs, but these are much less eggy tasting :) My new thing is turkey sausage patties. I also like Fiber One muffins, Fage greek yogurt and anything kashi. You may not do smoothies, but try a protein shake... Most protein powder you can just put into milk and shake it up. Not much time or mess.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    what are your calorie requirements for breakfast?

i usually do d-lights breakfast sandwich. 210 to 260 calories.

also, this one :

English muffin, 100 cals
    southwest egg beaters, 30 cals
    1 slice microwave bacon, 20 cals

that's 150 cals, about as good as you can do. subway has an egg white sandwich for around that. even if you add cheese, you're under 200 cals.

a few more calories, but pretty good :

2 slices toast with cinnamon and truvia sprinkled on, 120 cals
    egg beaters (30 cals)
    mrs. butterworth 1/4 cup light syrup : 100 cals

best 250 cal breakfast you'll ever have. the syrup and toast closely resembles French toast. i eat the egg beaters separately.

i'm in maintenance phase, so i generally add 100 cals for yogurt, also.
  • alliecat123
    Options
    Ps on the egg whites.... Put 'em in a wheat tortilla with a lil salsa and cheese and you won't even taste what is eggy about the whites. Pushing them hard because they're a good source of protein and keep you full :)
  • alliecat123
    Options
    Ps on the egg whites.... Put 'em in a wheat tortilla with a lil salsa and cheese and you won't even taste what is eggy about the whites. Pushing them hard because they're a good source of protein and keep you full :)
  • hjjohnson08
    hjjohnson08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I spread a wedge of laughing cow cheese (35 cal.) on a slice of oatmeal bread (120 cal.) and a cup of whole milk with 1 tbs of nesquick chocolate powder in it. I usually drink a cup or two of coffee first thing, then have the bread/cheese and then a little later the milk. Spacing it out helps me to stay full until lunch.
  • Michellebuysse
    Options
    Ok I need some ideas for breakfast! I am not a morning person at all so smoothies are out! I also dont like eggs or oatmeal! HELP ME!

Sometimes I eat peanut butter on a banana or whole grain toast. I try to start the day with protein because it helps me stay fuller longer and I'm not famished by noon. I am not a big breakfast fan so yogurt, leftover meat (steak or chicken) and cottage cheese with some sliced or grape tomatoes are some of my favorite breakfast foods. I also found if I have a big glass of water first thing then wait a little while, I eat better. Not substituting food for being thirsty.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I make a quick breakfast sandwich. I found egg white patties in the frozen breakfast section by Good Food Made Simple. 40 calories for one. Then I toast a double fiber honey wheat english muffin and microwave the egg patty with a slice of low sodium cheese. Voila, breakfast sandwich that I make in my kitchenette at work in 2 minutes. My food diary is public so you can see the nutrition info of it.
  • bunnyboocakes
    Options
    I have fallen in love with everything bagels. 110 calories and I Usually put sliced deli turkey deli on it. (50 calories) I eat it in the car on my way to work. or I put lite cream cheese. other options (for when I arrive at work is 1/2 cup plain greek yougart, frozen unsweetened fruit. I always snack on a banana too. Keeps me satified till lunch
  • alliecat123
    Options
    Sorry for the repeats! Getting used to my ipad!
  • cathleen4h
    cathleen4h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what are your calorie requirements for breakfast?

i usually do d-lights breakfast sandwich. 210 to 260 calories.

also, this one :

English muffin, 100 cals
    southwest egg beaters, 30 cals
    1 slice microwave bacon, 20 cals

that's 150 cals, about as good as you can do. subway has an egg white sandwich for around that. even if you add cheese, you're under 200 cals.

a few more calories, but pretty good :

2 slices toast with cinnamon and truvia sprinkled on, 120 cals
    egg beaters (30 cals)
    mrs. butterworth 1/4 cup light syrup : 100 cals

best 250 cal breakfast you'll ever have. the syrup and toast closely resembles French toast. i eat the egg beaters separately.

i'm in maintenance phase, so i generally add 100 cals for yogurt, also.

I like the dlights- I have generally been eating some light yogurt and a piece of fruit. I always eat when i get to the office and so it is a struggle to find something packable!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg and some melon slices! Or whole wheat toast with a tbs of sunflower nut butter or peanut butter.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    Me too - I think Kashi tastes/smells like hay though so I eat the Nature Valley sweet and salty peanut or the crunchy peanut butter and an apple once I get to work. Quick...easy...no cooking...perfect!: )
    Hi, I'm not a morning person either so I take a Kashi bar or granola bar with me and eat it at work after I'm settled in. Hope this helps.
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do coffee and any easy hand held fruit...apple, pear, banana *the original fast foods!* The trick is to hold the coffee between your legs without letting it spill AND downshifting while munching during that nasty commute into work.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A slice of whole grain toast topped with a tablespoon or two of plain Greek yogurt, a drizzle of agave syrup and a tablespoon of shelled pistachios. Mmmmmmmmm....!!!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Kashi blueberry waffle with tbsp of peanut butter and a banana. So yum.