Zumba - how many calories

Options
I can't find Zumba on the database to put in my exercise and I just signed up for a 10 week class! Any advice fellow zumba-ers!

Replies

• kelleentodd
    Options
    I just put aerobics high impact. Not sure what else to put. Good Luck!:smile:
  • joannalee76
    Options
    Would definitely love to know the answer to this and see it in the exercise options!!!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Go here, then just put your own exercise in :)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i use a hrm when i do zumba thats the most accurate way to get through it. Oh and Have fun wish i could do that!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your instructor, how much you put into it, and how well you pick up the moves. A good hrm with a chest strap is the best way to know. I usually burn around 500 in a hour.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Zumba calories.com has a calculator!
  • hailzp
    Options

Yup, and it is quite accurate.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options

I have found that is accurate as well. I usually split the time between low and medium because I would rather under estimate on my exercise and over estimate on my food.
  • hailzp
    Options

I have found that is accurate as well. I usually split the time between low and medium because I would rather under estimate on my exercise and over estimate on my food.

That is a good idea. Zumba is a great burn too.
  • tnfphelan
    Options
    Zumba depends on how much you put into. I go to Zumba 3x a week and most people in the class burn around 500 calories in an hour with their hrm.
  • cathleen4h
    cathleen4h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! Thanks everyone
  • BlJohnston77
    BlJohnston77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just figured out mine so I weigh 180 right now and at midlevel intensity for 1 hour is 643 calories burned!!!!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I weigh 184 and use a HRM I average 450-500 in a one hour class and thats coming out sweating like crazy!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I burn anywhere from 325 to 425, depending on the instructor and the intensity.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

That is a good idea. Zumba is a great burn too.

I didn't find it very accurate at all. Way overestimated, according to my HRM.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I wear a BodyBugg, weigh 169, and burn anywhere from 400-500 in an hour class.
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used Zumba Calories.com I have an HRM but have not used it yet. I calculate off the low/medium since I can not move as fast as the instructor. I write in what to put down. It is an awesome burn and for me at least I walk away with an intense high for the rest of the day after I go. Just lots of energy and motivation and feel amazingly good.
  • andiecorbo
    Options
    Yes, it's about 550 or even more depending on your weight. I just started Zumba classes myself and LOVE it!!! Have fun!!:smile:
  • mebras3775
    Options
    I add it in my own exercise database
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM, and I've burned anywhere from low 500's to high 600's depending on my intensity if I did a short warm up before hand. I weigh 160 right now. That's why I love the HRM, if I'm being a wuss, I can try harder to get my heart rate up!