Do you reward yourself for hitting goals?

Options
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought "Motivation" would fit... as rewarding myself for hitting goals is motivational for me!

I set myself up some goals for losing 15, 25, 35 & 50 lbs. Problem is.... when I set those goals 3 months ago, I didn't want the items that I said I could buy myself once I did hit them haha. Well, the 15lb goal I ended up buying myself - it was something I still wanted. The 25 lb one, I didn't want anymore, but I wanted something similar that was cheaper, so I bought that. The 35 & 50 lb goals, I have zero interest in now, lol... glad I didn't waste my money & buy them before! Well for 35 lb, I bought myself a new ipod bc my old one ended up breaking, so I needed it anyway.

Now I'm ready for my 50lb mark and I kinda feel stick & unmotivated. Not sure if it's because I've been doing this for so long and I'm kinda "bored" so to say? Or if it's because I don't really have a reward in mind.... so I'm trying really hard to think of one!! I think I'm gonna go with for 50 lbs, I get to go away for the weekend, either with my boyfriend or with a few of my girlfriends.

What about you? Do you ever set yourself up with some rewards? What have they been? Do they help?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just actually set goals/rewards yesterday! I'm currently 151 lbs, down from 165.

147 by 7/11 for my trip to St John, US Virgin Islands!
    143 - buy Polar HRM
    135 - buy iPod Nano with running arm strap
    130 - Lululemon shopping spree
    125 - spa day
    UGW of 110-120 reached by Feb 2012 (Hawaii family vacation)!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Simple answer... YES!!!! Also shout it to the world! People love to hear stories of success. Keeps US motivated!
  • JMYGA
    JMYGA Posts: 26
    Options
    I don't really "reward" myself. Right now I am so highly motivated that I want to maintain that and fear any deviation will make me lose that motivation. For me, just reaching milestones is reward enough.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yes, I rewarded myself with something just for me for every 5 pounds I lost. Little luxuries like jewelry, makeup, mani/pedi, massage and shoes. I'm 1.2 lbs away from my goal and then it's a brand new wardrobe! I've been waiting 1 year and 6 months for that wardrobe and I can't wait to start shopping!!!
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome for all of you!!!! I should def consider a little Spa day for myself... maybe I'll think about making that a 60 lb reward ;-)
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump