Turkey Burgers

Options
2»

Replies

• tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer to make my own as opposed to the boxed kind. I season them with whatever I would have seasoned beef burgers with - onions, green peppers, garlic, sylvia's seasoning salt, etc. You may have to play around with different levels of fat content. When I stopped eating pork and red meat 10 yrs ago, I wasn't too hot on turkey burgers or ground turkey period in the beginning. I figured out that I like the ground turkey with a higher fat content. The leaner ground turkey just had a weird texture to me and I didn't like it. I usually get the 85/15. Or if I do get the leaner variety, I will mix it will turkey or chicken sausage. That combo is great for meatloaf and fillings in lasagna, spaghetti or enchiladas.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Jenni-O is the best. I season with a little garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. I have also mixed in some crumbled blue cheese when I make up the patties. That is really yummy!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't make burgers but I do make turkey meatballs with minced turkey mixed up with schwartz spicy meatball mix. Delicious in a tomato, pepper and onion sauce.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    JJennieO sells already formed burger patties. Probably just needs some seasoning on the top.

You can also hit up Carls Jr. And try their turkey burger to see if you like it.
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Love Jennie-O's ground turkey, especially with the ranch and egg mix. I prefer them over beef!
  • aecbac
    aecbac Posts: 1
    Options
    All I use is a turkey breast and pound it a little with the flat side of a meat flatener just to even it out then usually grill it. I find then it is not dry at all and you dont have all the added extra ingredients like bread crumbs or egg. I also find if I BBQ it then I dont even need other flavorings :)
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    As with any lean meat, mix in just a little panade - bread crumbs rehydrated with milk - and you won't be sorry. Well, you won't be AS sorry - turkey burgers suck, and 97% lean beef is better for you anyway.