Out With The Old, In With The New (With Pics!!)

xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
edited October 7 in Success Stories
Hello there, right - ive just been looking thro old pictures on my netbook as i have lots and lots from 2009. and i came across some good ones which made me think WOAH!, did i really used to look like that?! I showed my mum all the pictures and she is really shocked at how far i have come just in 1 year of a strict diet and excercise plan. I thought i will share my pictures on here with you all.

A bit of info -

I decided to loose weight for goood January 2011! when i was free from high school + college, and i can concentrate more on what was going in my mouth without friends in college shuving naughty foods in my face all the time ha! 1st Jan 2011, i tipped the scales at an incredible 16stone 6 (230lbs), i thought this has got to stop NOW, before it was too late and i would eat myself to death no doubt. i found this awsome website in January 2011 - and i actually dont think i could of been 3 stone lighter today without finding a calorie counter to help!! I have lost 3stone since january 2011 when i started. :) its been hard work, of saying no to chocolate and saying yes to more excercise! but it has totally been worth it!! i feel physically more energetic - i am now able to run up and down the stairs without getting out of breath! Clothes shopping used to be a nightmare!! All the really nice clothes never had my size. I was a size 18-20 (UK), and now i am a 14-16 (UK) - mostly a 14, but a 16 in the odd shop as sizes vary in different shops!.

Here are the piccies:

September 2009 - full image picture of me and the little brother =) those jeans were tight on me!!
2uzqeq8.jpg

November 2009 - ignore the funky colours and clothes ha! it was for Children In Need that we did in college :)
14j3uz7.jpg

January 2010 - was about 16 stone here.
10r4ile.jpg

October 2010 - this was at Alton Towers Theme Park (UK), was a struggle to get the bar down past my stomach!
28guuqt.jpg

December 2010 - we had inches and inches of snow!! =D
9gxz68.jpg

August 2011 - Alton Towers Theme Park (Again =P)
24qshoo.jpg

August 2011 - On a ride at Alton Towers Theme Park
209oemx.jpg

November 2011 - random pic before i was going to the gym ;)
110j982.jpg

December 2011 - this was taken last friday the 30th december!! I was in a changing room in a clothes shop - i tried on this stripy top - size 14!!! :D fitted perfectly.
hur2ua.jpg

theres probably not much difference at all, but i was very camera shy back in my obese days - i used to avoid cameras at all times! unless i HAD to have the piccie taken. soo i dont have many of myself at all. I should of taken before pictures in January 2011 when i started - so then i can look back at them when im at my goal weight. But the reason why i didnt take before pictures is because i didnt think id be able to stick to a diet and i defo didnt think i would be 3stone lighter a year on from when i started! But i have these other pics soo i guess i could use these as before pics :)

I am only halfway thro my weightloss journey - my ultimate goal is 10stone, i currently weigh 13stone5.. Im hopeing that by christmas 2012 i will be at my goal weight and will fit comfortably in a size 10 (UK) =)

ps - i hope the pics work! im no good with all this adding pictures things hahaha. xx

Replies

• xSophia19
    ooh crying out loud - half the pics are missing on the first 3!! soo ignore them hahah x
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Wow, what a difference a year makes. Good job!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    41 lbs is amazing Sophia its so nice to see how you are on here and how confident and into your health you are.
    Be very very proud of yourself because It brings me a smile to read your enthusiastic messages and status's on here. You have obviously matured a hell of alot. You are living a differnet life now keep doing it babe. You are ACE!!! And you look wonderful xxx

You will acheive even more in 2012 :O) xxx
  • xSophia19
    september 2009
    2u9k11x.jpg

october 2010
    2ymunfm.jpg
  • You are currently my greatest inspiration. Just so you know! Great work!!!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    So awsome! You have done really really well hon and you look fab!
  • xSophia19
    You are currently my greatest inspiration. Just so you know! Great work!!!

oh really? :smile: this actuallly means more to me than anything right now! knowing that some one here tells me im their greatest inspiration! it honestly means alot =):heart:
  • xSophia19
    So awsome! You have done really really well hon and you look fab!

thanku!! the pictures are a bit ski wifff, but never mind :D
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • Man I am so Impressed Gloria! Well done, for hanging in their and changing your life!!!

I wish my daughter was as motivated as you.

You go girl!!
  • xSophia19
    thankyou everyone, it means the world to me when people comment positive stuff on here - it really helps me x
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    you really are proof that its worth all the hard work!! really gives me will power to carry on :) xx
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    you really are proof that its worth all the hard work!! really gives me will power to carry on :) well done!!xx
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    You are currently my greatest inspiration. Just so you know! Great work!!!

oh really? :smile: this actuallly means more to me than anything right now! knowing that some one here tells me im their greatest inspiration! it honestly means alot =):heart:

You are an inspiration to many, look how fab you look well done Hun x
  • xSophia19
    thankyou all :) xx
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Well done--that stripey top is cute, but perhaps a little too big?:tongue:
  • xSophia19
    Well done--that stripey top is cute, but perhaps a little too big?:tongue:

hehe thanks, yer the stripy top is quite baggy on me now. =)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Fantastic post. You've made brilliant progress and I hope your family are proud of you, your MFP family are! Well done.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    how awesome is this and your achievement has been fantastic. I am so proud of you, the hardest part of the journey is the keeping the weight off after, and like you I am only half way there too. I have lost 3 and need to lose another 3 at least maybe 4 so determination, hard work and great mind set and we can do it. Great work chick. xx Lisa
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    It's a big difference. You look great!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    What a transformation! Keep up the good work!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    i am SOOOO proud of you babe, you have no idea! :] xo
  • Well done lovely, keep going :) xx
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    i definitely see a difference. CONGRATS!!!!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    There is definitely a huge difference already! You are doing great!! Congratulations!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    bump for later as I can't see pics and you're approx same sixe and weight loss as me.
    Well done, it's awesome isn't it... the feeling
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    you look great!! congrats :):)
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    I'm proud of you!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    great job, thanks for sharing!!! Good luck on the rest of the way!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    So, after bumping to go back to later, I have now gone back to and may I say how amazing you are looking! You are similar to my measurements and it's fascinating to see such a difference in someone and yet not see it in ourselves. Believe me, you are looking fan dabby bloody dozie!!!!!

Such a thinspiration!!!
    :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!