what's for breakfast?

Options
I am getting hungry everyday about two hours after I have breakfast. (which is usually Kashi cereal with Almond Milk)

What's a good breakfast food/foods that will stay with me longer?

Replies

• ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    maybe try adding a hard boiled egg?

Eggs always seem to keep me much fuller.

I eat that with a homemade fruit and yogurt smoothie most mornings.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have one fried semi-soft egg, on top of one piece of wheat toast, no butter and 4 oz oj and coffee with skim milk. :drinker:
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eggs. Canadian bacon, 1 egg, and fat free cheese on a sandwich thin. I have this at about 8 am and then I start to get hungry about 10:30 and have a small snack like kiwi or string cheese.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great value english muffins with egg canadian bacon and cheese have been doing well for me(200 calories a sandwich) . I eat that with my first bottle of water for the day, then if I start to get hungry between breakfast and lunch I have an 8 ounce glass of low sodium V8, just enough to take the edge off and only 50 calories, plus I'm getting some veggies into breakfast, which I'm normally not too good at.
  • cindy1151
    Options
    Hi
    Instant oatmeal seems to stay with me longer. I love Kashi, but get ravenous a bit after eating.
  • miseducation1327
    miseducation1327 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use a meal replacement shake called Isagenix. It keeps me full for about 4 hours.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    One egg, one piece multigrain toast, 3 oz. lean ham. Oat bran cereal w/ berries most mornings, too. It's important to get some protein. Carbs alone digest too quickly and cause an insulin spike.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great value english muffins with egg canadian bacon and cheese have been doing well for me(200 calories a sandwich) . I eat that with my first bottle of water for the day, then if I start to get hungry between breakfast and lunch I have an 8 ounce glass of low sodium V8, just enough to take the edge off and only 50 calories, plus I'm getting some veggies into breakfast, which I'm normally not too good at.

YUM!!!!!
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    The mention of canadian bacon (woohooo im Canadian haha!) made me rememeber....I also love Turkey Bacon! :love:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg & a piece of wheat toast. Today I had 2 hard boiled eggs and I feel really satisfied. I usually have a half of a peanut butter sandwich as a mid - morning snack. Some days I'm still hungry but it helps to eat some protein
  • jalesher
    Options
    Try to add more protein. I usually have 2 strips of turkey bacon with my Kashi cereal. However, I've been told to try to eat every 3 hours to keep my body fueled. Usually I'll have a fruit and protein snack between each of my meals and try not to have anything after dinner.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Cereal with milk never seems to keep me satisfied long either. I have my Kashi with yogurt and an apple. That seems to do the trick (probably the added fiber?). Protien is also more satisfying for me. You might try scrambling 1 egg w/1 egg white and veggies (spinach, onion, peppers, etc).
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup steel-cut oats with 1 tablespoon almond butter, 2 tablespoons almond milk, and a dash of cinnamon - 260 calories and super filling.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My go-to brekky is Greek yogurt with a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed. Usually with a piece of buttered whole-grain toast. The Greek yogurt has a lot of protein and keeps me full. I eat it at 6:00 A.M. and am good until lunchtime at 12:30.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I skipped breakfast today for the first time in months as I had a leaky roof and started pulling everything out of the way in my bedroom. Im going to have some branflakes and fruit for my lunch instead as cant be bothered to have anything else :O)
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I normally have a two egg scramble with lots of veggies (onions, peppers, tomato, etc) topped with salsa, along with a slice of whole wheat bread, 4 oz coffee and skim milk. I'm good for a least a good 3-4 hours.
  • tmh727
    tmh727 Posts: 4
    Options
    Research shows that carbs in the morning make people hungrier throughout the day. My doctor recommends having a high protein meal for breakfast. Then you can have your kashi cereal for a snack. Oh and I have lost 15 lbs since December 5th.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options

V8! Good Suggestion! - I'm trying to get more veggies in. - Thanks
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I add bananas in my cereal or have a bagel thin with the laughing cow cheese and some fruit and I'm full until around 1130am (lunch) and I eat breakfast around 8am.