Hear Rate Monitors

Options
Does anyone have a suggestions for a good heart rate monitor? If there's one I should steer clear of, that information would be helpful as well!

Thanks!

Replies

• Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7. And love it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What do you want it to do? Only track HR? Estimate calories burned? Track location/GPS?

Kinda hard to recommend a HRM with such little info.
  • PhilG311
    Options
    I am looking to replace my HRM after my lovely dogs decided to chew the chest trap of my Suunto T1.

One i am considering is made by Pyle Sports...its pretty inexpensive, but i dont know if i should just spend the extra $20 and just get a polar FT4....
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6. It is a model from a couple years ago, so there is probably a newer one out there, but this brand is great! I would highly recommend it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I am looking to replace my HRM after my lovely dogs decided to chew the chest trap of my Suunto T1.

One i am considering is made by Pyle Sports...its pretty inexpensive, but i dont know if i should just spend the extra $20 and just get a polar FT4....
    Did you not like the suunto? Why not get a replacement strap?
  • Cressida04
    Cressida04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one that does heart rate tracking and calories burned. I don't need anything fancy or with GPS tracking as most of my workouts are spent in the gym.
  • PhilG311
    Options

Did you not like the suunto? Why not get a replacement strap?

sadly, I can buy a polar FT4 for as much as the replacement strap is...
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 - got it for Christmas and LOVE it !!!

*it's easy to set up and has really been a great help to my workouts . . .
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Avoid the Timex HRM, even the ones with the strap, they double your actual burn.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I use a Polar FT4 and have had good success with it......
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also use Polar FT4 and love it. I've had it for about 6 months now and it's worked great for me.
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    FT40. Love it.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one that does heart rate tracking and calories burned. I don't need anything fancy or with GPS tracking as most of my workouts are spent in the gym.

I just ordered a FT4 cause a friend of mine has it and loves it......seems to be the most popular and easy to use.....ordered it from Heart Monitor. com and the price was good too. Can't wait to get it and test it out........I am excited

Wish you luck!!!!!!! Friend me if you like, would like to know how you made out.......
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    This question gets asked here a couple of time a day. My question is,wWhy do you need a HRM? I don't get it. Please enlighten me!
  • nickykf201
    nickykf201 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have a polar and love it and for the price its a bargin... got mine last year and never looked back!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 love it the only problem I have had is the battery died and had to buy a new battery.
  • PhilG311
    Options
    This question gets asked here a couple of time a day. My question is,wWhy do you need a HRM? I don't get it. Please enlighten me!
    to accurately track calories burned.
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    bump
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 for Christmas and I love it!!!
  • saweiand
    saweiand Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Any of the Polar Monitors are good. I would suggest going to the Polar site and looking at each model to see what you would use in their functionality and buying based on the options you will utilize. I have the FT4 which is about 90 at our local sporting good store and it does exactly what I need. It is pretty basic as it records HR, time and calories.