BEER

Options
13»

Replies

• Nicktemt
    Options
    I love Samuel Adams Octoberfest, Winter Lager, and Boston Lager. But I only drink them on very special occasions. Otherwise in the summer when I'm out camping I'll just down Bud Light. I don't typically like to drink though, because I have this mental thing where it makes me feel like I'm ruining all my progress with my workouts.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love me a good beer. I'm a Dogfish guy and love most of their craft beers.....but the 120IPA is crazy good. 450 calories/bottle and super expensive, but for a special occassion its great.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I enjoy beer as well. I like light beers, ambers and dark. Okay, so I'm not too picky. :laugh:

If I'm out locally, I'll pick up a Coors Light here and there because it's low cal. If we are at the Mexican restaurant, then it's Dos Equis all the way. :tongue:

If we go out to a cool pub or restaurant with really high quality beer, then I just splurge and get an in season beer on draft.
    At that point, I won't be counting calories that day.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get into beer. I have a friend with whom I meet up almost every Wednesday (MFP pal! :happy: ) and we go beer drinking. Tsk tsk but it's fun!

Last night I had Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale. :love: It was lovely.

We did decide last night to only do it every other week.. we'll see how long that works out.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also love beer, and like any other treat, you can work it into your plan if you enjoy it in moderation.

The best one I have had recently is the Harpoon Winter Warmer.

I bought a lot of Goose Island Mild Winter for NYE and have some left that I will be enjoying when I can.

Cheers!
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am glad to see so many women that drink beer. I prefer beer to other drinks hard for a bartender to screw up beer. (including me - although i have grabed the wrong bottle once or twice - then i have to drink my mistakes:)~
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see so many women that drink beer. I prefer beer to other drinks hard for a bartender to screw up beer. (including me - although i have grabed the wrong bottle once or twice - then i have to drink my mistakes:)~

for me:

clubbing: usually hard liquor
    parties: sometimes hard liquor, sometimes beer
    camping: both
    casually drinking: usually beer

i like it all really lol
  • rhinomikeh
    rhinomikeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beer is a wonderful brew having been with civilization for thousands of years. The challenge is that Alcohol is the arch enemy when it comes to weight release and fat burning. It is not just the extra calories. It is the fact that Alcohol stops metabolism in its tracks for at least 48 hours after consumption.

So if you have a couple of beers on a Saturday night and think that you can burn it off by doing extra exercise you are fooling yourself. The Liver needs to recover and it will take until Monday for the Liver to start metabolizing fat again. A Clean Liver burns fats 24/7. How clean is your Liver? If if is spending time constantly cleaning alcohol and other toxins like caffeine out of the body then it is getting sluggish and not working optimally.

If you are extremely commited to losing weight and getting the best possible any form of alcohol will inhibit that goal.

If you are not interested in reaching peak physical condition then feel free to indulge.

One final point. The big breweries (Coors, Miller, Bud) are guilty of putting corn additives and perservatives into their products. IMHO it's all crap. Find a local Craft brewery and taste the difference. It may be a bit more cash out of pocket but the ingredients are much healthier.

Be Well
    Mike Howard

I
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. I've tried a few other Breckenridge beers, and they're good, but the vanilla porter is best.

SO agree! Have you tried Wells Banana Bread? Stuff is dangerous.

http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/our-beers/ales/wells-banana-bread-beer
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE beer. I'm a total beer snob and only drink craft and local beers... I have far too many favorites to list!

I love heavy, dark beer, and Thursday-Sunday I probably drink as many calories as I eat, maybe more... and that's why I have given up drinking! I'm only on day 4 of not drinking, but so far so good.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love beer more than food. I used to be a huge beer snob, but I realized there is a time and place for a Bud (parties/eating wings) and then the better beers.

I live 15 minutes away from the Abita brewery and I do have to say I love almost EVERYTHING they put out! I hate IPAs, but I'm really trying to change that.

I need to lose as much weight as I can before Mardi Gras. I tend to drink more over that holiday than in the December month!

There's no time or place for a Bud! If I'm gonna drink, I'm drinking something GOOD.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I love beer more than food. I used to be a huge beer snob, but I realized there is a time and place for a Bud (parties/eating wings) and then the better beers.

I live 15 minutes away from the Abita brewery and I do have to say I love almost EVERYTHING they put out! I hate IPAs, but I'm really trying to change that.

I need to lose as much weight as I can before Mardi Gras. I tend to drink more over that holiday than in the December month!

There's no time or place for a Bud! If I'm gonna drink, I'm drinking something GOOD.

Exactly! Why waste your calories on crap beer? At least drink something enjoyable.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    have they made vodka into a beer yet? LOL!!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    mmm love love LOVE beer.. and whiskey :D
    sometimes I will do an extra workout so I do not feel guilty about guzzling 4 down... except today... :S :P
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I ran out of Budweiser....and had a Brava in my fridge a friend left here.....ugh......*puke*
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    wife got me an entire kit and new turkey fryer for Christmas.