Crockpot Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn

Options
I Threw this together for lunch in the Crockpot today,..so awesome, thought I'd share:
This is so easy:

I used:

1 large jar of salsa (I used Mild and a little extra but my crockpot is long)

1 can of black beans rinsed (I used the Kroger organic low sodium)

1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 bag of frozen corn

Directions:

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray

Cube the chicken

Add Salsa to crockpot first

Add Chicken

Add Black Beans

Add Corn

I cooked on high for 4 hours but could do on low for 6-8 hours
I stirred periodically

Serves 6 people:

Using the ingredients i used only:

223 calories

1 gram of fat

20 grams of protein

I topped with ff shredded cheddar, ff sour cream, and served with baked scoops (add calories for these)

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That sounds wonderful! You could put it over rice too.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish and low calorie too. I bet it would even be good in a whole wheat tortilla or could add tomatoes and make it into soup. Thanks for sharing!!:) Love crockpot recipes.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I've got everything for this but may alter it to save on the sodium. I'll put some beans in the fridge to soak tonight, and use my low sodium Salsa and likely skip the yummies you mentioned at the very bottom.:tongue: First I don't have them in the house and will save on cals/fat if I don't use them. Hm...too bad I don't have any plain Greek yogurt. :ohwell:

Love the soup idea just mentioned.. a couple cans of no sodium Tomatoes from Trader Joe's sound like a nice addition! Might go the soup route as well.

Gotta love the Crockpot in the Cold Months!:drinker:
    Thanks for the recipe! I've got everything for this but may alter it to save on the sodium. I'll put some beans in the fridge to soak tonight, and use my low sodium Salsa and likely skip the yummies you mentioned at the very bottom.:tongue: First I don't have them in the house and will save on cals/fat if I don't use them. Hm...too bad I don't have any plain Greek yogurt. :ohwell:

Yeah my salsa was low sodium and so were the beans, frozen corn had 0, so I was happy :)
    :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Yeah my salsa was low sodium and so were the beans, frozen corn had 0, so I was happy :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    sounds good and quick thanks!
  • runner_girl_120
    Options
    awesome! just saved this to make later :)
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smileyface83
    smileyface83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy,gonna have to try it. Thanks for sharing!!