Larabar, Kindbar, Clif, Fiber Ones, which is best?

Options

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Seconding what others said about Larabars I try to buy those that are GMO and Gluten Free. "Kind" bars are another brand to try - they even sell them at Starbucks. These things are expensive though (around $2 each) and a lot of calories. I think they have their place in supplementing when you need more calories and don't have time or access to a healthier whole food, but they should not be a staple of one's diet. I say that for my own reminding as much as advice to anyone else because I can easily grab one when I am craving some candy!!!
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat the Clif Crunch Chocolate Chip bars. They taste totally different than the other Clif bars and are super yummy. They have the texture of the Nature Valley crunch bars.
  • uhthisgirl
    Options
    I prefer Pure Protein Bars, high in protein very low in sugar. Granted they taste like protein bars, so yeahhhh.
  • stay away from protein bars!!

honestly, the only forms of protein you need are whey protein shakes, lean ground meats, egg whites.

unless you are home making protein bars are not the best thing for you.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like the larabars. They are gluten free and have no sugar. I have never tried the kindbars, but I think that they are gluten free too.
    I like the cliff bars, but I cannot digest them.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I honestly like Larabars and Clif bars the best. I eat Clif Builder bars (protein bars) after my workouts and every now and then will eat the regular Clif bars as a snack if I don't have time and have them on hand. I like them because they're all natural.
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    I hate Larabar. I received a sample of one a while back and immediately spit it out :(
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I love LARA bars! They are delish and have 5 ingredients or less, which I also like. Very tasty - they are high cal, but are a good replacement for something much worse for you (like a candy bar). I've been trying to have one an hour before I run. Since I have food allergies and intolerance, the natural ingredients in it are key!
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Clif Brownie bars are decent to have as a meal replacement once in awhile, but they're pretty high in carbs (in my opinion)
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    I like the Larabar for the same reason as the PPs. They are all natural and have very few ingerdients. Their flavors are good too! Higher in cals but no sodium!!!
  • feellikeamillion
    Options
    I keep a few of those and others in my car for emergencies only. The rest of the time I try to prepare my own fresh foods. Kind bar is very yummy, but loaded with sugar.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/fudge-baby-mania/

You might check this out if you're into all natural ingredients. I made the fudge babies and - YUM!
  • celtichands6
    Options
    kind of like zone bars, but try not to eat any, for me that just not satisfying and so I try and grab something better.
  • melissakay1q
    Options
    I just remembered my favorite bar. It's called Power Crunch. They taste like wafer cookies. I haven't had one in a while so I don't have the stats to share, but they are so so good and full of protein. I used to have one for breakfast with a banana most mornings. They come in chocolate, vanilla or peanut butter.

Soy Joy isn't bad since they redid their recipe. I do not recall the stats of them, though.
  • CoolBos
    CoolBos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clif bars are my favourtie snack for when I get lazy.
    http://www.iherb.com/Clif-Bar-Luna-Minis-Variety-Pack-18-Bars-6-of-Each-Flavor-0-7-oz-20g-Per-Bar/24221?at=0&rcode=PEV216
    However, homemade banana bran muffins are far better than any packed food, IMHO.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like Raw Revolution bars, but they're not that high in protein. They're good for an on-the-go snack or as a treat though.
  • shikiwiki13
    Options
    Think thin, larabar, luna, atkins, & kind are my favorites!! Sooo good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So i've been playing around a lot with different bars. The Fiber ones seem to taste the best, have lots of fiber, etc. but they lack in protein. So i tried Larabar, Kindbar, Clif. I didn't like the taste of Clif and Larabar was neutral Kindbar seemed to have the best taste. Just wondered others' opinions on these bars. Which ones do you think offer the most bang (like protein, low fat, etc) for the caloric content?
    home made ones! Check the archives and there's some great homemade recipes for most all of the ones you mentioned!! :happy: Making them at home is far cheaper and you'll be able to put whatever you like in them, really easy recipes too.

I know there's recipes for Larabars, Cliff bars, Luna bars etc.. oh..I do remember seeing a recipe for various Kind bars as well

Have fun:drinker: .
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I really like the Luna bars
  • michellechawner
    Options
    If you have allergies, just make your own - then you get to choose what goes in it -

Look on Pinterest and just google "make your own protein bars"