Jillian vs. jillian

Options

Replies

• rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred (just finished Day 4) and I agree that my muscles have never been so sore!! I'm sure if I do the 30 days consecutively, I'll probably quit out of boredom so I've decided to do JM Shred Mon-Fri, do my usual run on Saturday and Sunday, or, if I really need it, use Sunday as my rest day (maybe just a stretching day!) I know this technically makes it a 38 day shred, but I need to break up the routine for the sake of boredom. I can let you know how it works out for me if you'd like! :o)

Deff!!! i really would like people to get back to me on that bc i honestly NEED results
  • rougette66
    Options
    I did the 30DS and found muscles I didn't know I had (that was so awesome) and now I'm doing ripped in 30. Well, actually I started it on Tuesday and I'm beyond sore and I just did the elliptical yesterday to try to work out the soreness... but I'm excited to see the results in a couple weeks. I think I may have to pick up the abs one too.

Jillian really knows how to do that well. I hope you see hella lotta results bc man that soreness should be good for something
  • rougette66
    Options
    I did level 1 of 6w6p with level 3 or 4 of Ripped for about two weeks, it was a real good combo IMO. Ive also combined level 3 and 4 of Ripped which is also ok. Go for it!

I think i will do the same thing!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use both DVDs and LOVE them both! I do two workouts on most days (though I've been doing a lot of vinyasa yoga lately).....One level of one and then one level of the other.....I use the 30 Day Shred, too.....So there are lots of possibilites of combinations! I think she's the best instructor out there! I've used two different Beach Body work outs and nothing gives me the results that she does!
  • Kagrish
    Options
    We were just talking about this in the gym. I get that the point of her videos that have levels like 30DS is to do it for 30 days but that seems counterintuitive to me. Everything I've ever heard about fitness encourages you to mix things up. Sure it's only 10 days in a row of the same exercises but where's the recovery and rest? I know after doing a day or two of level one (and I've seen several other people post the same) that my muscles are sore. That means I'm likely to have bad form and what is the point of doing an exercise if your form is crap?

Ha! Guess I needed to rant about that a little - sorry. Anyway, my point is, alternating is a great way to go. :)

I joined a 30 DS group for January but left it because my doctor told me to have a day of rest in between or do low impact stuff like the elliptical on my "rest" day. I'm technically obese and level 1 of the 30 DS is soooooo hard on me that I REALLY need that extra day to recover. And my form is probably crap as well!

I started the 30 DS and level 1 kicks my butt hard, too, so I have a rest day in between. I think I will do my thigh/bun pilates on my rest days.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You don't have to Shred every day, you can do it every other day and just stick with the levels for the 10 workouts or whatever you feel your body is ready for. You don't want to push yourself too hard and get injured, that would really put a cramp in your exercise plans. If you feel your body needs a rest, take a rest. Same with Ripped in 30 or any other workout, if you are hurting it might be a good idea to let your body recover. :-)
  • skibunny24
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a radio show?!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    I think it's a podcast or something......
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this has been suggested but jillian herself recommends her "30 day slim down" which is a mix of her DVDs on specific days to get the best results. I've got the schedule written in my laptop so can post tomorrow but am away from home tonight. I'll post it if anyone's interested.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Don't know if this has been suggested but jillian herself recommends her "30 day slim down" which is a mix of her DVDs on specific days to get the best results. I've got the schedule written in my laptop so can post tomorrow but am away from home tonight. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

I would love to see that recommended schedule. I'm already mixing up her dvds on different days, might be nice to have a specific schedule to work from. :-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

You made me curious so I googled - found it on the Spark message board:
    Apparently Quick Trouble Zones is just the first 4 circuits of the No More Trouble Zones DVD

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started a modified version of that workout I found online, that also incorporates Jillian's yoga meldown DVD which I also own. It's a little harder. Today will be Day 3, but I like having a set schedule!

Before, I was just alternating between the Shred levels 2 & 1, Yoga Meltdown 1 & 2, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones... and repeat. The Slimdown has more variety which is nice!
  • niicolemariies
    niicolemariies Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How is the Jillian going for you? do u notice a difference in your abs yet?

i started insanity and 6wk6pk this week and already seeing some results! only been 4 days :D
  • rougette66
    Options
    How is the Jillian going for you? do u notice a difference in your abs yet?

i started insanity and 6wk6pk this week and already seeing some results! only been 4 days :D

its not fair that your superwoman ^__^
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I will echo what so many have already said - mix 'em up! I did do 30DS consistently when I first started a couple of years back. It was my first Jillian purchase, and I actually did it longer than 30 days because I took days off. Since then I have added several other Jililan DVDs to my collection, and like to mix it up with my favorites, depending on how much time I have in the morning, and whether I want more weights or cardio in the routine. My favorites are 6 Week Six-Pack, Ripped in 30, 30DS, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

I like the idea of a schedule like someone posted a few posts back - great idea! But I'd have to get the No More Trouble Zones, which I had thought about getting in the past, but wondered how much different it was from Bannish Fat Boost Metabolism?
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you want to do some Jillian cardio, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism will kick your butt cardio-style for about 40 minutes. You could throw that in when you need a break from Ripped and Abs or when you need a high calorie burn. Currently I am alternating between several of her dvds on different days.

I totally agree! That vid completely kicks my *kitten*.
  • tmhowla
    tmhowla Posts: 24
    Options
    I just started the Jillian 6 Weeks 6 Pack yesterday, I already feel like it is working. Very hard and worth it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Great topic! I will echo what so many have already said - mix 'em up! I did do 30DS consistently when I first started a couple of years back. It was my first Jillian purchase, and I actually did it longer than 30 days because I took days off. Since then I have added several other Jililan DVDs to my collection, and like to mix it up with my favorites, depending on how much time I have in the morning, and whether I want more weights or cardio in the routine. My favorites are 6 Week Six-Pack, Ripped in 30, 30DS, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

I like the idea of a schedule like someone posted a few posts back - great idea! But I'd have to get the No More Trouble Zones, which I had thought about getting in the past, but wondered how much different it was from Bannish Fat Boost Metabolism?

BFBM is mainly cardio, NMTZ is more strength and resistance. Its 40 minute (plus stretching) like BFBM, but they're supposed to be kind of yin and yang - compliment each other. I'm looking at the backs of both DVDs and they both recommend using alongside the other, and all of the pics on NMTZ show them working with weights. Those 2 would be great to alternate on different days probably, if you had to pick only 2 to alternate between.

If you want to get in your strength and cardio all in one workout like the Shred, and want a LONGER workout than the Shred and are ready for more of a challenge, try out Extreme Shed and Shred. That's her newest one, just came out last month. There are 2 levels that are 45 minute each, plus the option to play them back-to-back if you want (1 hour 20 minutes total if you do that). Holy moly it is WAY harder than 30DS. There are some familiar things but then there are exercises that are evolved versions of stuff from the Shred and then there are some totally new things. It kicked my butt way more than expected. Probably not great for a beginner, but definitely something to kick things up a notch if you're ready.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    She has a new one out already? I'm falling behind! LOL I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info on NMTZ! Might need that one too. :tongue:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    She has a new one out already? I'm falling behind! LOL I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info on NMTZ! Might need that one too. :tongue:

Yep, and she's coming out with a kickboxing workout in march. LOL