IM NOT SAYING ITS A CURE!!!!!!!!!!.......BUT IT HELPED ME

Options

Replies

• Lottalooks
    Options
    OMG You look great!! Congratulations to you and your wife!!!!!
  • determined86
    Options
    Wow!!!! Great job!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing and Sleep Apnea in obese people is common because we have excess flab on our neck that will flatten the trachea while lying down at night. Wt loss usually does help the situation..not for everyone but usually for people who developed SA because of wt. Congrats and seriously your wife must think she one the lottery!
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    Congrats to you!! You look fabulous! I too have sleep apnea and have the stupid mask - it doesn't help me at all! I also have Type 2 diabetes at 31 and I'm way too young for this sh**t. lol That's why I'm here.... :smile: Hoping I will be as successful as you on your journey!

Diabetes also run in my family. That another condition I'm fighting with exercise. Im glad your choosing to fight also. Ill help anyway I can. Keep me posted.
  • RitaTesta
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    You look great! My husband has sleep apnea so bad that we sleep in different rooms...at his sleep study he stopped breathing 90 times in one hour...it's horrible. He is trying to join me in this journey, but having trouble getting the motivation.

I had to fight it. Ive never been that scared of something that much in my life. I hope and pray he gets motivated. Keep me posted.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    amazing! so proud of your progress! i need to show your success story to my close friend with sleep apnea. he is obese and LAZY and i would love to help steer him toward better health! I know he has trouble with sleep apnea and breathing in general. thanks for sharing!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great.. Well done x
  • puppet0583
    Options
    Wow, that is such a big change!!! Congrats to you!!!!! :) I haven't been on this site very long, but I already love it...It actually keeps me in check about what I eat and I try to exercise just so I can put in here that I reached my goals for the week :)
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    OMG! WOW you look amazing! Thank you for your words of encouragement...I dont have it and I dont want it either so I will continue on the path that I am on now to get the weight off!

Again, I cannot believe the transformation! :smile:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Just wow! Thats a great story. Your doing so good! ;)
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So cool that you took your health in your own hands and made a difference. You look awesome by the way! Go YOU!
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have felt over the last year or so that I may have this and that is one of the reasons I am determined to lose this weight. I can remember waking up gasping for air a couple of times and Im sure it happens much more than I realize. My oldest son who is in great shape physically (soccer/triatholon) had the sleep study done a few years ago and was dianogisted with sleep apnea. Im going to keep my fingers crossed and see if the losing weight will resolve my issues.

You have done a tremendous job on losing yours and completely changing your body. WELL DONE!
  • Stavakoli
    Stavakoli Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look wonderful : )
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just for information sakes. It helped me too.

It was BAD for me but now it is gone!
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    I have felt over the last year or so that I may have this and that is one of the reasons I am determined to lose this weight. I can remember waking up gasping for air a couple of times and Im sure it happens much more than I realize. My oldest son who is in great shape physically (soccer/triatholon) had the sleep study done a few years ago and was dianogisted with sleep apnea. Im going to keep my fingers crossed and see if the losing weight will resolve my issues.

You have done a tremendous job on losing yours and completely changing your body. WELL DONE!

Thanks for the support jbosey. Good luck and keep me posted on your journey.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    Just for information sakes. It helped me too.

It was BAD for me but now it is gone!

107!!!!!! Im jealous. Good stuff man. Your an inspiration to me.
  • katste48
    Options
    congrats!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I has sleep apnea.
    That's when you're so fat, the throat blubber clogs your wind pipe while you sleep.

I lost the weight, and felt GREAT after losing 40 lbs - no more sleep apnea!

It was horrible.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Looking good! Great work and so happy that you have gotten fantastic results!!! What an accomplishment!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!