Negative calorie FOODS! For those of you not aware. :)

Options

Replies

• bcraig26
    bcraig26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My two favorite sentences form the website:

"While there is no scientific evidence that this is true, it is theoretically possible that this phenomenon can exist."

"If you believe this theory, then you can consume these foods without feeling guilty."

c'mon man!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I actually agree that negative calorie foods (ie foods that take more calories to digest than they contain) but it doesn't actually affect you at all if you are counting calories since the goals already include calories for usual bodily processes such as digestion, therefore you would still log the calories.
  • thanks
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If I have negative thoughts about negative calorie foods, doesn't that make it positive?

Well, two negatives do make a right. Just drink some chemical H2O with it and you should be fine.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Just read this article and I am wondering if anyone has really cooked dandelions, and how did they turn out?
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I read this post with my fingers and toes crossed that it might be true.... :sad:

Am pleased to see some great humour here though - well done guys :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    funny_animated_gif_97.gif
    If I have negative thoughts about negative calorie foods, doesn't that make it positive?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Just read this article and I am wondering if anyone has really cooked dandelions, and how did they turn out?
    I've had them raw in salad and cooked with other veggies. Not bad.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    If you close your eyes while eating something, it becomes a negative calorie food.

All food is negative calories on my birthday...At least that's my theory. Maybe I should publish it on the Internet.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My two favorite sentences form the website:

"While there is no scientific evidence that this is true, it is theoretically possible that this phenomenon can exist."

"If you believe this theory, then you can consume these foods without feeling guilty."

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I love that so many of you are skeptical. It's important. There is a metric ton of bad health advice out there. Trust reputable sources only. And if anyone tells you "But Dr. Oz says..." just smack them in the mouth.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How about anti-calories? From a matter/anti-matter generator?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    How about anti-calories? From a matter/anti-matter generator?

When anti-calories come in contact with calories they are annihilated. Win-win situation. Just eat equal amounts of calories and anti-calories and you'll have a net of zero.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

So do you eat the actual flower or the stem? The recipes I found say the "green"...
  • tapp52000
    tapp52000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am tired of this myth floating around! Its not true!!! No such thing as negative calorie foods!!! Learn to use the internet folks!! wikis can be altered by almost anyone and are not deemed quotable sources!! OMG...people are dumb!

Calling people dumb is not allowed in the forums. A more apt description would be that people are struggling and/or desperate.

I believe that calling an INDIVIDUAL person dumb would be against forum rules, however making a general opinionated statement that PEOPLE (in general) are dumb is not only completley allowed but should be encouraged. Enough with censorship!!! Bring back our right to free speech!!

(Completley off subject I know but had to get my two cents in. We still need police to police the police.)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you close your eyes while eating something, it becomes a negative calorie food.

All food is negative calories on my birthday...At least that's my theory. Maybe I should publish it on the Internet.

Nah, write a book - more money. Don't forget to blame the government somehow ;)
  • kbeller88
    kbeller88 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do they have negative calorie stuffed crust pizza?

Wouldn't that be awesome!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Also, these guys ate negative calories...

lost-boys-hook.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    So do you eat the actual flower or the stem? The recipes I found say the "green"...
    The green -- the leaves.