Who does ZUMBA Wii at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• djerikarenee
    Options
    I do it at home and I love it!! I am at my desk at work now humming the beginner routine from last night. I can't wait to get the new one but in the mean time how do you unlock the other places like the factory and rooftop?? Also, does anyone have the new one yet and if so, what are your reviews??
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    I'm so impressed at those who zumba at home....I zumba 5 days a week in group fitness, but could never achieve the intensity/calorie burn etc at home by myself the way I can at class with a trainer motivating me. Good job!!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Do you need the Wii balance board to do this?
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do you need the Wii balance board to do this?

Nope, it comes with a hip belt to hold the remote. You control everything with your hips & that's how it knows you're doing the moves correctly).

FYI ~ The new Zumba 2 is on sale today (black Friday) at Target. You pay $39.99, but you get a $10.00 gift card for a future purchase there. AND there's a coupon for a 7 day free pass to 24 hr Fitness Centers to try out their classes/facility. I got mine today as well as a $30 HRM at Sports Authority. I'm looking forward to shaking my turkey off!
  • mebras3775
    Options
    I have just started doing it religiously. I did it for a little over 20 minutes and burned 250 calories. I love it. I love the moves and the songs. It is great. What would you log it as on here
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have just started doing it religiously. I did it for a little over 20 minutes and burned 250 calories. I love it. I love the moves and the songs. It is great. What would you log it as on here

You can log it as dance or under the cardio tab search for Zumba then on the bottom it says "Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database" & you can click the link to type what you want & add the calories.
  • mebras3775
    Options
    I zumba at home. been doing it for a little over a week. I am starting at 20 minutes a day and working my way up
  • smileygurl80
    Options
    I have it and it's super fun. Just different from the zumba that I do at the Ymca which I grew used to. But I need to start doing the Wii Zumba more often :)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I just bought it 2 days ago, so I have done it twice now! I suck at it. Like I have no idea what they are doing and am two steps behind through each song. LOL BUT I still really love it! It is a great workout and my body really hurts the next day! 30min burns 300 calories, and it doesn't even feel like you are working out, it's just fun!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I dont have it, but every time I go to Costco I see it.. after reading these posts I'm going to get it!
    I have the biggest loser, Wii Dance 2 and Wii dance 3 - and i love those.. along with Wii fit plus.... but I think it's time to ZUMBA!
  • TaraMPatel
    Options
    I did my first session with wii zumba today and I loved it! My legs sort of ache and my hips feel worked so I think that I am going to do it more often! :D
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love doing zumba on the wii. My 7yo is always surprised that I can beat her at it... Its the only game I can beat her at, but I'll take it!
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do it too. . . really fun. . .along with just dance 2.

I do both too, its so much fun x
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have always grown up with latin, reggaeon, soca, sega, calypso etc and have alot of tracks on my pc anyway and dance to it at home without zumba but the same moves, it feels the same to me, i time myself and do some serious sweating and my kiddies join in too its a fun family affair lol
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just (literaly 10 minutes ago) bought Zumba fitness 2. I am soooo excited to try it out when I get home.

Any tips or suggestions???
  • lmoore9107
    lmoore9107 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I go to 60 minute class twice a week and try to do zumba on the wii the other nights! I love it. I hate exercise but zumba isn't exercise! :)