Calling all Bridesmaids for 2012!

Options
Who's gonna be a bridesmaid in a wedding this year (MEE!!!! :bigsmile: )

How bout you? Wanna keep eachother motivated? Lets do it!

I'm super excited because for the first time EVER, I'm a bridesmaid....no even better Maid of Honor!

Anyway..... Dress fittings are in July, and the Bride (Bridezilla to be politically correct) was on phentermine for a year plus, and got to a great skinny size, but she's now gaining the weight back since she got off the med. However she's still quite conceited in her comments. So with this in mind. I have to get my big butt in gear. I want to wear a size 14-16 dress. (If thats the case I got a LONGGG way to go) So that's some of my motivation..... we are still BFF's but she tends to tell me to shut up when I give ideas or whatnot....so I know she's not ready for change but I'm not letting that stop ME, and (Yes, I'll still give her a million compliments on her big day because she deserves it)

But with that little story said....who wants to join me in keeping eachother motivated..... (PS, I'm also turning 30 years old....AHHH....so I have another motivator to kick my butt)

Feel free to friend me. I don't make a lot of comments on my page, but I'm there if you need it.

Replies

• abdean
    abdean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also a Bridesmaid this year!!

I love, love, love the bride to be and could not be more excited to be in her wedding. However, when she initially asked my first thought went to, "How am i going to look up there??" So, just like you I've decided to get motivated!!

Her wedding is the first week of May (Cinco de Mayo actually) and I graduate from graduate school 6 days after that. I want to look wonderful and feel confident. So, @farmers_daughter, I'm with ya!! Let's keep each other motivated :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Me too :-))))) Me friend (who has just joined MFP today!) is getting married in Lake Garda in Italy (I am from the UK)

Very exciting! Hope you all enjoy being bridesmaid!
  • vitahill
    vitahill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the wedding I'm going to this year has bridesmaids but I'm considering myself an honorary one since the bride is one of my closest friends. It will be a reunion of a lot of my friends from HS so I'm using that as motivation to get in shape. So while I don't exactly fit in the category I'm not too far off. Feel free to friend me!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    this is PERFECT... i am in one of my best friends wedding and i am STRESSING out... although i have been trying to lose weight half heartedly for awhile now, this is the kick in the butt i need! here is how the wedding party looks right now.... bride= 5'5 130 lbs MOH= 5'1 100 lbs bm#1= 5'6 160 lbs and then there is me, all 5'10 218 lbs of me... i CANNOT stand up there next to them looking like godzilla. i wont do it. i want to be down to my pre pregnancy weight of 160. my big problem is she wants the dresses ordered by the end of Jan (wedding is in Aug) and i dont know what size to order, i guess it can always be taken in....
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    I am the maid of honor for my best friend on June 30, and would like to lose at LEAST 40 pounds by then. We are dress shopping this weekend, and I am not looking forward to it! I would love to be able to wear a dress size that I am not embarrassed by! I need motivation, and support, because I am not really all in, but want to be so badly! I need help! Lets do this! :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am in a wedding the first weekend in May. The dress is awful...so i would like to look as good in it as possible.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid for a wedding in September. I have no idea what the dresses will look like, but I have love handles enough to go around so I would love to too good in what ever dress is chosen!
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    yay! I'm a bridesmaid in one of my closest friends wedding in June. goal of 10-15lb by the wedding. feel free to add! (:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant and the bride is NOT happy. :-/
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding March 10th! I ordered a dress from Alfred Angelos (we all did) and they all came a size small on all of us. They can "work" but you can barely breathe in them!! (corset type) I wanted to loose 10 pounds so I can breathe and dance in it but I've lost 6 already and still is uncomfortable. I would like to loose 10-15 by then anything will help! I would like to enjoy the night with my friend and not be uncomfortable the whole time
  • eing88
    eing88 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid for September 2012! It will be my 6th time I think...I'm beginning to lose track. I have a feeling my life is like 27 Dresses. Anyway, I've got 41 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight, and I intend on being pretty darn close to that in September which means I've got to lose 5 lbs a month. I'm single again, so I want to be super cute for my cousin' big day. Her fiance has lots of hot friends! Woohoo!
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm my sisters maid of honor for her wedding that is on my birthday this year! lol I want to loose at least 5lbs by then to look good for every thing! Lets keep each other motivated!
  • BrenChick
    Options
    BOO to her!!

Congratulations!!

I'm Maid of Honor in October, and I already warned her I might be pregnant by then! You will be beautiful and just remember you still have duties as a Bridesmaid so dont let her down!!

Best of Luck!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i just had to chime in here - i'm actually a 2012 bride and i just started a 2012 bride bootcamp group on mfp. my thread was pretty much the same as this one, just thought it was funny :laugh:

yay for bridesmaids, you ladies do so much, us brides would be lost without you!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I will be a Matron of Honor this year (May) for the second time and in a wedding for the 4th or 5th time (including my own) i need to be HOT for this is my "skinny, big busted, beautiful" sister's wedding. im definately a tomboy that likes to workout, swim, lift weights that doesnt really care about hair or nails or makeup or clothes (at all). ive always been the son my parents never had LOL and i had gained 85 pounds over the last 5 years due to HUGE medical issues and otns of surgeries, nervous sytem disease, stroke, and obviously lazyness and LOVING comfort food haha
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im a bridesmaid in August. I have lost 22lbs. But hoping to lose 28 anything more pounds. Im not sure when we are going to pick out dresses.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Meee!

Bridesmaid for my boyfriends sister in August :)

I have lost 31lbs since September, want to lose another 20lbs by August.

Feel free to add me!

:flowerforyou:
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am my younger sister's matron of honor this coming April: I have reached my goal (lost 20 pounds since October) and have to maintain now (yeah! just changed my profile to maintenance today, that is a bit weird).

My sister thinks I am to thin now... but I don't mind, I feel great, and I want to keep it that way!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am in a wedding the first weekend in May. The dress is awful...so i would like to look as good in it as possible.

This made me LOL at my desk. :)

I am in my law school BFF's wedding on May 12 and my college BFF's wedding on May 25. May 12 wedding attire is any black cocktail dress and terrible shoes. There are 9 bridesmaids and I've always been one of the heaviest of the group, but this time I want to be one of the hottest! The May 25 wedding is a very fitted red poly satin which shows every lump and bump, and the bride is tiny and I'm afraid of looking like a giant tomato next to her. I have my work cut out for me!

Good luck to all the 2012 bridesmaids and brides!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm the matron of honor for my brothers August wedding... Most of the girls are tiny!