WHEN DO YOU EAT THE MOST?

Options
Hi All:

Just wondering how you divide your calories. For example, do you usually eat more calories for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, etc. I tend to eat the most at dinner but I'm wondering if I should switch it up. I have read to do the opposite, eat more at breakfast, less at dinner, so your body has more time to "burn" the calories. I have also read not to eat late at night. I don't eat right before bed, but sometimes would like to have a snack around 8:00, etc. Has anyone noticed a difference between eating more earlier or later in the day? Does it really matter WHEN you eat your calories? Thanks.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry! Listening to your body is the best thing you can possibly do.
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat alllll the time it feels like anyway~
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Timing doesn't matter. I tend to eat most at night. For me, eating right before bed is ideal.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I eat more at night. A negative calorie balance over days/weeks/months determines weight loss, meal timing within a particular day is irrelevant.
  • all4gabs2
    Options
    I notice that I am eating more at night.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat about half my daily calories at dinner (somewhere between 8:00 - 9:30 p.m.) on work days. Until then I have 3 - 4 snacks that make up the other half. On the weekend the time varies but I still usually have one large meal and just snack the rest of the day.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry...typically that is usually in the afternoon. Evening is usually a small meal and/or snack.
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry! Listening to your body is the best thing you can possibly do.

I'd like to listen to my body, but I've effed it up so bad that I just can't trust it yet :( I eat on a schedule, every 2-3 hours, and never go longer than 4 hours without (unless I'm sleeping duh, lol). I HAVE to. The organization works for me, but I have issues with nighttime eating >.< Different things work for different peeps so just do what works for you. If you don't know, start experimenting and find out!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I eat constantly all day long, but my breakfast is usually pretty up there in calories ( 400 ...Oatmeal, glass of milk with chocolate protein powder), but it keeps me full until lunch.
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry! :)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Usually around 11 am. If I don't get to have a nice breakfast, then I have eat about 1000 cals between 11am and 12pm.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with a protein shake...other than that..I eat when I want...sometimes I count calories..other times I dont. I am doing Primal..so as long as I stay off of processed carbs..I am usually good
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find that my meals are pretty fairly balanced throughout the day, but I'm usually my hungriest midmorning/lunchtime. The temptation to eat more is at night, because I'm home and the kitchen is right there. I also work out at night so while it kills my evening appretite, i'm usually staaarving come breakfastime.