Hello out there

Options
fitma97
fitma97 Posts: 7 Member
Yesterday morning while walking into work, I wasn’t supposed to hear the comments made about my growing butt size but I did. I have this picture in my mind of how I look and it did not match what I saw in the mirror when I got home. Today is the first day that I have started to count the calories that I consume. I am looking for good moral support on line. I will also look for support in my work place. I am sure that I can find someone willing to work with me. Trying to lose weight without a partner is difficult and I ignore the mirror and all is fine until I can’t zip my jeans and if I can then I can’t lift my leg to get into my truck. Not funny just late for work.

Replies

• im2fat
    im2fat Posts: 1
    Options
    I've noticed that I'm late for work because of wardrobe too.. can't find anything that fits or that I feel good or comfortable in. Good luck you can do it. you don't really need a partner.. this is a good site. stick with 30 minute workouts. walking is the best exercise! good luck
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm sorry you had to hear that! I know how hard it can be! :frown:

But the good news is, you are taking the first step to never hearing that again! And to feeling SO good about yourself that nothing can bring you down.

Just know I have been in your shoes and am living a completely different lifestyle now an I know you can do it too!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • fitma97
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I do need that. I have health issues, torn ACL, that hold me back but they should be resolved soon with surgery then I should be on my way. Recovery will be hell so I need to get in a good frame of mind now.
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Me Too!!
    I missed church Sunday because I couldnot find anything to wear! And, I have a couple pair of "fat pants" that I alternate between during the week for work! And they, too, are uncomfortable, now. I feel your pain. I don't know that I will ever be on time again for work because of my stupid clothes!
  • fitma97
    Options
    I want to start with calorie counting and this site has all of the nutritional information requirements. I don’t always think of the total cost of what I eat now I can see it all.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I want to start with calorie counting and this site has all of the nutritional information requirements. I don’t always think of the total cost of what I eat now I can see it all.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • fitma97
    Options
    I had planned to wear an outfit that I knew would fit for an event and the day before I thought that I just might want to test drive it just in case. Too tight! Had to go shopping and find something that fit, I liked the night before the event and I was tired from work and my feet hurt and nothing was on sale. Oh what a night!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I was shocked when I first starting counting calories, the realization of how much food I was actaually taking in was a definite awakening. I mean, who knew one little Oreo could have so many calories, right, hehe! This is a great community full of wonderful support. Good luck!
  • fitma97
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am bad about drinking water but I will add it to my day.
    :drinker:
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just a thought for yo. If you don't like water...Walmart has a Sams Choice water. Its called clear American. Its absolutely delicious....all kinds of flavors and absolutely nothing in it. No sugar, cals., sodium, carbs. You should try it ...its great!
  • rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    I get my clothes ready the night before and still end up changing 2 or 3 times in the morning. I dont own jeans anymore because I havent been able to wear them for about 6 years now. Im starting to miss them.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • fitma97
    Options
    Wow!!! What a great website!!! I have found that this is working for me! I have learned the error of my ways. All food is now weighed & I am learning the correct quanties to eat. I no longer have "room" for the extra quanties because I am too full! I lean on the app to limit salt & sugar never mind the accountability! Had to clothes shop. Saw myself in a mirror with baggy clothes! What! Me?
  • battyg1313
    battyg1313 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me