That one body thing that really irks you...

Options
For people who are losing weight or who have lost the weight: What is that one thing about your body that just grosses you out or you can't stand that you can't wait to see disappear? Or something you can't do because of the weight?

Mine:
-Back fat rolls (every freakin' shirt just loves to hug that area!)
-My thighs touching. I haven't worn a skirt or dress in a long time because I get so chaffed. And because my thighs are big, in every picture my feet are permanently shoulder width apart to make room for my thighs.
-I hate how the bigger I've gotten, more weight has collected on the front of my hip bone and it just hangs a little bit.
-Stretch marks!
-I hate when I reach to shave certain areas, I get out of breath from the compression on my torso/lungs.

These things will disappear! I'm going to make it happen!

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It bugs me that one eye is slightly higher in my face than the other. Its not so obvious that other people notice, but it bugs me just the same. no exercise will fix it.:huh:
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My thighs! I can't wait to get rid of the chub rub! I am determined to be able to buy a cute dress and wear it on my birthday this summer!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    I hate that with weight loss comes boob loss! I was small to begin with & now I'm even smaller :sad:
  • mswest1102
    Options
    Although I could rattle off a list, I think we should avoid the self-loathing in which our society encourages us to indulge. What about indulging in pride and self-respect while we are getting healthy?
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    Back fat rolls for sure!
    I honestly don't mind my legs.
    I'd like smaller calves so my cowgirl boots fit better.
    Flabbish arms!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    my stomach...ughh it's smaller but more hangy..the same goes for my upper arms.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My roll of fat that looks like i have a second set of boobs. That roll of fat annoys me more than anything else in the world!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Legs and upper arms... but I've noticed progress so I just have to keep busting my butt and eating well!

As far as things I like, my butt, I've learned to accept that after 8 years of volleyball it's not going away and I actually like it. And I like my smile. : )

I'm a firm believer in for every negative thing you have to say, try to counter it with something positive. Like someone said, why spend time with self loathing? It can be productive to not get content and want to strive for a better, healthier life, but more times than not self-hate only builds more self-hate. Get your head right and the rest will follow. : )
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My saddle bags. Even after 50 lbs gone and weighing 139, they are still there! Gah : / Can't wait for them to be gone!
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said their other chin. Bleh
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It bugs me that one eye is slightly higher in my face than the other. Its not so obvious that other people notice, but it bugs me just the same. no exercise will fix it.:huh:

This, I have really heavy eyelids & a genetic double chin. Legit, everyone in my family has it, even the superunderweight one.
    Although I could rattle off a list, I think we should avoid the self-loathing in which our society encourages us to indulge. What about indulging in pride and self-respect while we are getting healthy?
    This too. :heart:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Bat fat
    Double chin
    Upper arm swinging fat
    Inner tube of fat that extends belly button level all the way around the back...ugh!

Granted...they are all smaller than when I started and will continue to get smaller if I keep showing up and keep doing the work.

I raise my water bottle to all of us working hard to improve ourselves. Here is to a NEW YEAR!!!
    2012 is bright and shiny with possibilities!!

Keep pushing forward.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but I want smaller boobs! also, I have had two c-sections, so I have this pouch of fat that over hangs my scar, it coould go away too, and take the thigh rub with it! But I too will get there, it will take a lot of work and will power, and all the support my good friends here can lend me! If you need a friend, let me know!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my abdominal area and neck.. i remember when i didnt have a neck so it concerns me if it looks like i may be losing my neck again.. the abdominal area has always been my downfall. however my trainer has been really great in helping me attack that problem
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I've lost a good deal of weight so far and I still have a few traces of stubborn fat in my belly and chest. Still working to make myself more lean.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks. :-(

I have them on my calves, hips, thighs and the back of my arms. What makes me hate them even more is the fact that I developed all of them when I was 13 years old. I grew almost a foot in about a year's time, and my skin just couldn't keep up.

I can see being more accepting of stretch marks from having a baby or because of weight gain, but I never even made it past puberty without having stretch marks. I've never liked the way my body looks in a swimsuit - even at my fittest and most athletic.

I remember the first stretch marks that showed up were on my hips. I had no idea what they were, so I went down to my dad's study and sneaked his Physician's Desk Reference back to my room. I started perusing it for a possible diagnosis. After much research, I settled on a rare burrowing parasitic worm. I was so horrified, I ran to my mom in tears and showed her my 'burrowing worm marks'. She laughed at me and explained what they were. I felt relief, but at 13 I didn't really care about how my body looked. As soon as I got to high school and started noticing boys and caring what I looked like, my stretch marks were the bane of my existence. I was so ashamed of them... still am!
  • ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm with the thigh people here. I haven't worn just a skirt/dress since I was in elementary school. I finally found that bicycle shorts are the perfect solution to thigh rub, but I'd rather be able to do without them!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    A cow lick that no stylist can quite cut right.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    my arms, I hate them more than any other body part.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    muffintop :)