Vacation - Curacao...........June 17th upcoming

Options
porka29
porka29 Posts: 868 Member
Hi all, when I signed up for this site in January, I really thought I'd be at my weight loss goal come my vacation next month, of which I booked in November, 2008. But, I have bought a size smaller pant and have already worn one out of the two new ones that i bought already (have to keep one plus several shorts in same size to make it feel like "new" :tongue: ) so I am still weirded out that I didn't make it to goal (maybe now thinking it was too high) but happy that I am not where I started in January. I have decided that I cannot end my happiness just cause I didn't meet an initial goal - only keep up with my mission and his - thereafter.

With all that said, I think I will be trying scuba diving and night time snorkeling for the first time this vacation, my bf and I go on vacation to a new all-inclusive every year (obviously I now know what to expect and how to judge my cals if I do at all...............lol) and last year was Aruba and I only gained 4 lbs - to me as a result of lots of tours and walking....I drank alot of pina colada's so that alone would allot my lb gainage and it was only four!

I zip lined in costa rica and now feel I need to open my mind as bf has been scuba diving before we even met - he's quite exicted about my new venture to boot - although it's in a controlled environment so that may be why but he don't care! I am happy with a new camera I bought and now also feel comfortable to take pictures and hope that my friend DC (double chin) does or does not show up!

So, what have all you done this year for vacation thus far and/or what are you wanting or doing?

Replies

• rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    Same here...I started last Nov and lost 30 pounds but now im stuck and my vacation is in 2 months but atleast im learning a lot now about my habits.I didnt use this sight when I lost the 30 pounds but figured if im stuck and I want to keep the weight off I better change my ways but im kinda stressing over summer because in 56 days of dieting and 2 hrs a day of working out I havent lost anything except 2 pounds..Yipie! Have fun on your trip..Leme know how scuba diving goes. Ive always wanted to try that!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    I got certified this year in open water SCUBA here in the frigid 50 degree water of Puget Sound. Growing up in Florida, I did a lot of snorkeling. My plan was to go on the Humpback Whale swims in Honduras this past March and April, but the economy tubed and took my vacation plans with it.

So now I'm enjoying the local waters, beaches and locations. No shortage of things to do right here at home. I saw 15-30 Harbour Porpoises just off shore the other day at sunset - they hung around for a couple hours, porpoising and moving about in that beautiful light of sunset on the West Coast.... and I got to sleep in my own bed after a 15 minute drive home.

Awesome!! :glasses:
  • porka29
    Options
    thanks for your responses! I really had no desire to do diving as I didn't feel that strong as a swimmer, however as a result of me wanting to snorkel the "man made reef" at our hotel in Curacao, my bf has been teaching me in the LA fitness pool not only how to swim but use my equipment so I am feeling better, all of this I have logged into my exercise as it was usually after my usual cardio and I was soooo winded to do several laps that it amazed me.....I'm still working on the endurance part as it defitnetly does not coincide with other cardio as swimming uses all muscles - it seems to kill me - will use my hrm next time just to see!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    Fins will solve your propulsion issues; and in SCUBA, you go really slowly underwater, it isn't a very physically demanding endeavor. You'll be fine, your bf will go at your speed.

You will want to go slowly anyway to see everything!
    :glasses:
  • porka29
    Options
    I will go slowly, obv, but more importantly he is quite confident that this will make me his "diving bud" that I have not been for 13 years! whoo hoo!
  • porka29
    Options
    And - as I just told him two minutes ago, I am ready to update this photo on all my sites from the Aruba one (pictured) to one that shows I've lost weight since then.................spray tan here I come! yall will see the results sooner than later!
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi hope you have a great vacation. I'm heading off with the family to Lanzarote on the 6th of June. i know i haven't lost that much weight but i'm more confident about getting into that swimsuit now than i was. Also i'm fitting into those clothes i bought that wouldn't even close on me a month and a half ago Yeah go me.

I am a little anxious though about putting back on some of that weight while i'm away. I'll find it a little harder to keep track of the calories (those dreadful things), but i'm hoping i'll manage if i take care. :wink:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I got certified as a diver about 25 years ago. I was dating a guy who had a brother that taught it. You will have a blast. It really isn't that physically demanding. Swimming with the diving fins makes it a lot easier. Just take you rtime to enjoy the underwater sights. It is like being in another world
  • porka29
    Options
    Good to know! I lost my thread there for a few days!:tongue: