My 41 yr old husband is 12.

Options

Replies

• kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ya...I don't recall the British guy demonstrating that in the Dyson commercial. So a Dyson can lose its suction eh?
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. If my husband did that to my Dyson (which I love) his head would be on the chopping block.
  • eg140
    eg140 Posts: 8
    Options
    In the future the correct way to do this would be to put one end of the hose in the bath tub water. Leave the hose connected to the faucet outside and turn it on enough to flow water into the tub. Then turn the water off and diconnect the hose from the faucet and drop to the ground and it should suck the water out of the tub.
  • anchorageb2
    anchorageb2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wish my husband would do something that stupid to be helpful. I have to threaten divorce to get him from stop being a couch decoration. I literally have to be a mommy to him to get him to clean up after himself. However in retrospect my hubby has been making more of an effort lately so maybe I should expect some explosions around my house too.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    LOL Fantastic. Hey, the good news is - now you're in the market for a new vacuum! As a Dyson lover - I HAVE to tell you to check out the LG Kompressor! I love it better than the DYSON! That's a LOT of love.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Just needing to vent a little marital rage here. My husband, a 41 year old, highly educated and successful attorney, blew up my Dyson vacuum cleaner last night by incorporating it into his ****-eyed scheme to save water. Though I applaud his motivation (we are in a terrible drought) I am still furious at the stupidity of it all. He decided that he would use the leftover bath water from the kids' evening bath to water his garden. He stuck one end of the garden hose in the bathtub, which is upstairs, then through the bathroom window, down the wall and out into the garden. Then he attached this end to my DYSON to initiate the suction in order to siphon the water into the garden. The vacuum cleaner, of course, quickly filled with water, sparked, shorted out our fuse box, and died. He does not understand why I am angry as this was an "accident". I agreed to "for better or for worse, in sickness and health" but what about "throughout bouts of insane idiocy and thoughtlessness"? Did I agree to that? Sheesh.

Who held his beer while he was working up this contraption? :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's pretty dumb. Did you ground him, I hope?
  • bump040510
    Options
    Look at the bright side. It looks like you will be getting a new (and if you are anything like me) better dyson soon!
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    Awww..your hubby just tried to do something he thought would work..LOL.It's hilarious!! Why are you so worked up about the vaccum cleaner? Ask your husband to buy you a new one!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This is the same guy who, at the age of 23, stuck 2 keys in an electrical socket to see what would happen. He hasn't done that since.

So the upside is he's a fast learner !

Comeon, you really have to find the humor in this...lol...
    Sucks that your expensive dyson broke though. hugs.
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    I wish my husband would do something that stupid to be helpful. I have to threaten divorce to get him from stop being a couch decoration. I literally have to be a mommy to him to get him to clean up after himself. However in retrospect my hubby has been making more of an effort lately so maybe I should expect some explosions around my house too.

And the truth comes out why you stick up so hard against any post negatively about a woman.
  • changinmyways72
    Options
    Well he was trying to help, it just didn't work out all that well lmao! Could be like my ex husband - he cut a hole in the living room wall so the tv had the 'built in look'... this is the same guy who used to amuse himself by lighting his farts on fire too... hence the ex part of ex husband lol
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an episode of "Home Improvement"

That is hilarious.

That's what I was thinking!! ROFL...
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My husband thought he'd clean out the lint trap in my dryer "real good", well now it runs so loud I've had people ask me when they come in if someone is mowing the backyard....LOL ugh!!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!
  • skinniwoman
    skinniwoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always wonder if you could take the water from a dehumidifer and use that. Free water. Jus saying. LOL:flowerforyou:
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Aren't most husbands like 12 year old boys when it comes to "I've got an idea?"

Our friends have taken to calling my husband "The Nutty Professor." He is not in academia. He is a Senior Network Analyst for a bank. He has a graduate degree in business. He was an Army Officer. He comes up with the most hair-brained ideas. Just love him anyway and make him buy you a brand new, EXPENSIVE Dyson! It will take the sting out of the whole thing for you and you WILL be able to laugh about it later.
  • sherijeric
    sherijeric Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clearly, I understand why you are upset. but, Thank you. That is one of the best laughs I have had in a while. Hope you get a new vacuum soon.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    At least he keeps things interesting.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! You made my day with this story. I get why you are mad, but it is funny. You will take this story to the bank with your friends for years to come!