buying a wii, what's best?

Options
13»

Replies

• its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii! I've got Wii Fit plus with the balance board which I love. I use it everyday for the Body Test where you can weigh yourself and track your progress (my home scales aren't very accurate!) And all that talk about wii only monitoring your hand motion is crap because the board has a sensor too as well as some games that come with a leg sensor etc. I've also got Just Dance which is a fun way to dance off those calories. And I just bought Zumba 2 which comes with a sensor belt so it can monitor your hip movements - they've got killer workouts.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much. With all your impute I got.....drum roll please...

used balance board, with the first wii fit and EA active sports 2. Going to start EA tomorrow, got the first wii fit cause it was only 2.99. Hope this kicks my weight loss back in high gear. Been loosing on diet alone (got lazy) ready to tone up.
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i've been loving Just Dance 3!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2! That's all I have been doing for exercise consistently. It is amazing!
  • 1059alexandra
    Options
    Just dance is so fun, I hate dancing and I still love this game.
  • sophistication21
    Options
    I was playing Just Dance 3 over Christmas and it was so much fun and also gave me a good workout! You are up and down, moving your whole body. We had a lot of fun and got some cardio in.
  • pmlewis93
    Options
    xbox is better... kinect is so much fun and a great cardio workout especially the rafting game. it's a great laugh and you burn more calories than you realize.
  • maryl130
    Options
    Just Dance 1, 2 & 3. They are awesome. I play with my 6 year old and they have tons of songs and different difficulty levels. It's a work out. Definitely!!
  • KitKate68
    Options
    My absolute favorite exercise Wii game is NFL Training Camp. It uses the same sensors as EA Sports Active 2, which I also like a lot, but I give the edge to NFL, even though I'm not a football super fan. Part of it is that I play it with my 12 year old son, who is ultra competitive and loves to play it with me. He gets me out of bed to play early in the morning before he leaves for school. My son loves it because you can choose your fave NFL players as your workout buddies, and earn "pro shop" points to buy virtual gear from your favorite team. I love it because it's a great whole-body workout and goes by really fast!

I also just got Zumba 2, and it looks like it will become another favorite. Dance Dance Revolution 3 is quite good too--you can choose how intense a workout you want, and it has a good variety of songs. It's a real improvement over the previous two versions. Then there's good ol' Wii Fit Plus, which is a good one to have in your collection. Really, you can get an excellent workout with a variety of the games--as with anything, consistency is the key.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options

used balance board, with the first wii fit and EA active sports 2. Going to start EA tomorrow, got the first wii fit cause it was only 2.99. Hope this kicks my weight loss back in high gear. Been loosing on diet alone (got lazy) ready to tone up.

EA Active 2 will kick your butt. Also on the Wii Fit, hit in Rhythm Boxing, it burns 90 calories in 10 minutes and you move both your arms and legs. I've had my Wii for 6 years, and the only thing I've had to replace was the Board when my morbidly obese cousin stomped on it hard, and cracked it, after I had it for 3 years with no problems.
  • petersoncl
    Options
    We have Zumba and Dance 3. We love them both. We only have two remotes but three of us do it at a time. Just move with the system. I do move my whole body because when I do get a chance to use the remote I would like a high score. Just put your whole body into it and have fun.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    i lost my first 40 pounds using the wii fit exclusivly for exercise. i love it! i weighed in on it every day, too and it really kept me motivated. i know weighing every day is not for everyone, but it tought me a lot about my body and how it responds to certian food. Have fun and good luck!
  • jsscbloom
    Options
    WII fit and zumba for sure! love em both <3
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wii sports and the Just Dance 2 or 3 video games! I am getting the balance board for my birthdayso I can't speak to that one. I always move around my living room while playing just like I'm playing real tennis or bowling (space permitting of course!). You can always just swing the racket but obviously won't burn as many calories. I just got Just Dance 2 for Christmas and it is awesome!!! I can go for a long period of time playing and not even realize how long I have gone! I say as long as they are "active" games you will have fun playing and that will encourage you to play more!

Have fun! :-)
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit Plus. It isn't an intense workout, but I'm not completely ready for an intense workout. LOL. I love the step aerobics and use it now as a warm up for other things. Also LOVE Zumba and Just Dance 3. Just glad no one is there to watch me dance. :)
    I inherited a Jilian Michaels and Jenny McCarthy game from my mom when her Wii was ruined. Don't really like the Jillian game and have yet to try Jenny-on that one, you hook the "eye" up to the tv and don't use the hand controller.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have My Fitness Coach for Wii and I love it! It doesn't use the wii fit board or anything. You make your profile, put in your information, and it formulates a workout plan for you to follow. I also do the games such as tennis :) I'm looking into some more, such as Zumba, as soon as I have a little money saved up.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options

EA Active 2 will kick your butt. Also on the Wii Fit, hit in Rhythm Boxing, it burns 90 calories in 10 minutes and you move both your arms and legs. I've had my Wii for 6 years, and the only thing I've had to replace was the Board when my morbidly obese cousin stomped on it hard, and cracked it, after I had it for 3 years with no problems.

i wasn't even gona put in wii fit yet until you said boxing!! Sweet. so excited. starting today