Sweet Tooth

Options
13»

Replies

• torontobaby
    Options
    This is not low carb but it is delicious and low in fat. Try making apple crisp, chop up some apples, melt a bit of margarine or butter, mix that in with the apples with cinnamon, lemon juice and some brown sugar. For the topping, mix a cup and half of oatmeal, a bit of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans or walnuts. I put a lot of cinnamon in there. Put that on top of the apple mixture, bake at 375 for about 35 mins. How much sugar and margarine you put of course makes a difference in calories, but you need it for it to be fulfilling. This is a very satisfying treat. I make it when I have dinner parties and you can have some vanilla frozen yogurt on the side. You can keep it a few days too. It is yummy, you can throw in some pears or berries for a twist.
  • torontobaby
    Options
    I forgot to include some water, you need to put some water in with the apple mixture.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have these chocolate-covered frozen banana slices that are to die for. 4 of them are 130 calories, and I think there are 5 servings in the box.
  • katste48
    Options
    fat free pudding cup with a tablespoon of whip cream(light). works for me
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Here's my go to evening sweet fix snack:

Mix 1 T natural Almond or Peanut Butter, 1 T dark cocoa Powder, a little skim milk, and 1 t honey (optional). Mix and blend in bowl till consistancy of fudge sauce, I usually heat it for 20 secs in microwave. I add either half sliced banana, or fresh raspberries or strawberries, top with greek yogurt or lite cool whip, and sprinkle a few crushed animal crackers or walnuts. Its like a mock sunday and usually runs 250 to 300 cals. If you don't like chocolate, just omit the cocoa powder. This fullfills all the textures, tastes and saiety and it fills me up and eliminates all further cravings for the rest of the evening. I allow for those calories for that time of day. As someone else said, this is a lifestyle not a diet. Hope this helps!
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    B. of course, part of your ongoing cravings is simply habit. one way to kick the habit is to eliminate ALL of the crap from your house. you can't eat a twinkie at night if its not in your house. (obviously, you could drive to the store and get one, but that would require one serious craving and one serious lack of will power/motivation for the journey).

LOL! You say that as if people aren't apt to do it. For someone with sugar cravings, driving to the store is entirely within the realm of possibility. ;)
  • chrisc16
    Options
    I prefer dark chocolate York peppermint patties, usually 2 or 3 (3 is only 150 calories).
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A. reduce or eliminate processed foods/refined sugars in your diet and you will find that the sugar cravings are largely reduced or eliminated. you see, eating refined sugar (or foods with a high glycemic index value) create cravings for more sugary foods. and, by foods, this also includes the sugar and artificial sweeteners in drinks and diet drinks.

^
    This is very true. Worked for me! My skinny cows have been sitting in the freezer since the beginning of October when I stopped eating processed food. :)
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I found an amazing recipe that I use to get more protein too.

I take 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon and peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of natural honey.

I blend it up and it makes a really nice yogurt type thing lol but it is amazing and it curbs my sweet tooth :)
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    B. of course, part of your ongoing cravings is simply habit. one way to kick the habit is to eliminate ALL of the crap from your house. you can't eat a twinkie at night if its not in your house. (obviously, you could drive to the store and get one, but that would require one serious craving and one serious lack of will power/motivation for the journey).

LOL! You say that as if people aren't apt to do it. For someone with sugar cravings, driving to the store is entirely within the realm of possibility. ;)

I tried this very thing when I was quitting smoking. Needless to say I was buying cigarettes at 2 AM because I couldn't sleep & needed a smoke! I knew I needed to kick that nasty habit. Eventually I did it cold turkey, but driving to the store didn't hold me back, lol.

On topic... I like to keep grapes in the house. You can freeze them & have a frozen treat or eat them right out the fridge. I also like Diana's Banana's dark chocolate covered frozen bananas. Super yummy!
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is one I haven't tryed. Im going to try this for sure
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have these chocolate-covered frozen banana slices that are to die for. 4 of them are 130 calories, and I think there are 5 servings in the box.

I didn't see those yesterday. Now I will have to go back and look :)
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options

I didn't see those yesterday. Now I will have to go back and look :)

dooooo it. these things are amazing
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    nothing like a good ole ww sunday...turtle sundae, resee sunday. yum. have to have them. or you can get the vitalicious muffin tops, they are only 100 calories. skinny cow candy.
  • cjsnurse
    cjsnurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the sugar free 60 calorie chocolate pudding :) or 1 piece of DOVE dark chocolate
  • twinmommy508
    Options
    Fat free Sugar free chocolate pudding cups!!! Crush some graham crackers over it, put a little sugar free whipped cream over it all and ENJOY!!!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth at night ....its terrible! I've recently started to just have fruits/yogurt/berries on hand -within an arms reach when Iknow i might get the munchies.... it's so hard but sugar is so addictive! I'm trying to curb the sugar crave ...no sugar in diet (unless its natural or a tad in my coffee) for 7 days...and hopefully I will break the habit! Good luck :)
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    take two grahm crackers and put fat free whipped cream between them and freeze...just like a ice cream sandwich:)

that sounds so good!!
  • Applebits
    Options
    I discovered that when I eat more fruits, I develop a distaste for sugar.