Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

50 pounds or more...

1235»

Replies

• I've lost 40lbs and have 40 more to go. My goal weight is 160lbs. I've found a great plan and I had a great first day today. Best of wishes, YOU CAN DO IT! :-)
  • Hello. I just started today and I was pretty shocked at my first weigh in today. I have 150lbs to lose. Here is a sobering thought, if 1lb of fat equals 3500 calories, then I need to eliminate over 500,000 calories! WOW!
    However, I am excited and motivated to succeed this time. Good luck in 2012!
  • I had a goal of losing 100 pounds last year but only managed to lose 30 pounds...I did at least keep the 30 pounds off but I do unfortunately still have 70 pounds to go. I get off track sometimes and need a little pushing for help...I just went back to the gym today for the first time in over six months. Any help and encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Highest Weight: 01/08/2011-246 pounds
    Current Weight: 01/02/2012-218 pounds
    Goal Weight: 145 pounds

Height: 5'7"
  • does anyone know what to change our daily calories on here? I did a Body Analysis and have to lower my calorie count. I don't use all of my calories anyway. :grumble:
  • I'm a newbie to the site -- unfortunately, I'm not a newbie to gaining weight. Since I graduated high school about 10 years ago, I've put on a lot of weight. Now, it's time to change. I have a 2 year old daughter who deserves for me to be around for a long time -- so this ... this is for HER! I'm on my 4th day of calorie counting and I have to say I'm shocked at how much food you can actually eat with as few as 1600 calories. I never use all of mine and I'm actually tired of eating. Imagine that, lol. It's hard to imagine continuing this counting for as long as a year (that's how long I plan on trying), because it is a lot of work. Now I understand why so many people have such a hard time sticking to it. But I think you end up reaching a point where you get fed up, sick of it and are just ready to change your life. That's me! So here I am ... ready to start making ME better! I have a lot to lose ... ideally, I'm looking at about 122 pounds. That seems like it will never happen and almost unrealistic -- and it's shocking that I've even allowed myself to ever look like this. I went from the girl who once was attractive to just plain "gross". I would love to meet some new friends, find a motivational partner and am open to anyone offering tips. My door is always cracked, so come on it -- let's be friends :o)
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    does anyone know what to change our daily calories on here? I did a Body Analysis and have to lower my calorie count. I don't use all of my calories anyway. :grumble:
    [/quote

You can try going to Settings at the top (to the left of Logout) and go to Update diet/fitness profile. Next, you can change your daily activity or change your goal and then hit update.

Hope this helps.
  • My goal is 60!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Hi everyone :-)
    Good to see there are lots of people with a lot to lose as well - I am currently 215.6 lbs (98 kgs) and aiming eventually to be about 70 kgs (154 lbs) so a long way to go.

I decided to try & lose 10% of my weight first so first goal is about 22 lbs to start with, but eventually 28 kg or 61.6 lbs.

I think coming on MFP and recording food intake & exercise output is a great way to focus. All the success stories are great too. And knowing we are there fighting the same battles as others, that helps :-)

Just trying to put my ticker in ... hope this works.

6575081.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • draayer7
    draayer7 Posts: 24 Member
    I am looking to lose 100 lbs...I could definitely use more support too! :)
  • toolgirl626
    toolgirl626 Posts: 17 Member
    I started at 304 lbs, and I now weigh 181. I want to get to 150. I am 5'8". I lost all this weight after I turned 60. Only 30 more pounds to go, but I have a hunch it will be the hardest.
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    I want to lose at least 60ish, could do with a few more friends to motivate and help keep me motivated! Anyone feel free to add me =)
  • hi im arrly, im 65lb over weight and cant wait to lose it! just started this program 5-6days ago! hows every ones progress
  • I hoping to lose at least 40-50 lbs as well. I am not the best at logging every day. I am a RN and work 12 hours shifts. I am trying to get better. any tips?
  • Andyben1
    Andyben1 Posts: 8 Member
    First week on MFP Loving the site . 70lb+ to go
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    I've lost about half of my initial 53 lb goal (or at least I had before Christmas! Not weighing in again for a week or two to get back on track) since I joined in September, and once I get to my first goal, I'll probably want to shift the goal-posts to lose another half of that again, so about 53lb to lose this year. Good luck to us all!
  • hi there you can do it, last yr i lost over 70 pounds in weight still got 4 to go to reach my target i didnt think think i would do it but i have think posotive and look at something you can look forward to when you have lost the weight :)