plank, how long can you do it?

Options

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    stupid question, planks like in the video or with arms straightened out?
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OK, never done a plank before in my life, managed about 40 seconds! I'm quite pleased with that but will be practicing now to see what I can get it too.... :wink:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    my longest (a couple of months ago) was about 20 seconds.. hoping to work my way up to a minute :]
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    First time I did planking, I did 2 minutes. Started getting wobbly around 1:30 though.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    stupid question, planks like in the video or with arms straightened out?

on elbows.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    About 2 minutes.
  • munchkinhugs
    Options
    my longest (a couple of months ago) was about 20 seconds.. hoping to work my way up to a minute :]

I take this back. Decided to try planking today and managed to hold for 30seconds. Three sets of thiiiirrrty within 150ish sec..
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Just over 2 minutes. I'll add this to my workout now!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Update: made it to a solid 45 seconds the other day. Gonna try and get three sets of thirty in if I can make it through the sea of resolutioners at my rec center...
  • AimeeKAKES
    Options
    I've done 8 minutes not long ago purely because me and some friends were seeing who could hold themselfs longest and i cant lose lol.....

So yes 8 minutes :) once the burning goes its ok lol x
  • munchkinhugs
    Options
    Update: made it to a solid 45 seconds the other day. Gonna try and get three sets of thirty in if I can make it through the sea of resolutioners at my rec center...

Firstly, congrats!
    Second -LOL. I'm scared to hit the gym during this wave of resolutioners so I'm making use of my treadmill at home :D haha
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    um i make it about 30 seconds at the moment, haha.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ok 60 seconds, but I do two of them...darn those things are hard
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tried it for the very first time yesterday: 3 sets of 30sec. Felt like I was going to die :-)
  • c2sky
    Options
    I've done 8 minutes not long ago purely because me and some friends were seeing who could hold themselfs longest and i cant lose lol.....

So yes 8 minutes :) once the burning goes its ok lol x

I think you now hole the "unofficial" MFP record.
  • c2sky
    Options
    Today, when I taught Pilates, we decided to try something different. We went around the room and everyone did a movie review while we held the plank. It was amazingly easier.
  • c2sky
    Options
    Oh, and I posted this somewhere else, but only my good MFP, John responded, but my 62 year old female client did 5 minutes yesterday no problem. Yay her!
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this tomorrow AM. Sounds like a full body workout.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I just did it for 32.7 seconds. At about 26 seconds i thought I was going to die, but I pushed through.

That's pretty impressive to me considering my right shoulder joint is totally toast (starting PT next week, yay!)
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Max 1 min, 30 sec and I felt like my body was going to vibrate my fillings loose.