weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I live on my own and rarely see people on a daily basis. It can be difficult to be motivates sometimes especially if energy levels are low to start with.

Write down why you want to lose the weight and stick it up somewhere you can see it. My dog motivates me and gives me a reason to keep going.. as there's only me here I have to get myself up and take her out. I have to use mobility scooter as I can't walk more than a few steps so I don't get any exercise from walking her.. so have to come up with ideas I can do in the house.

Wii Fit has been great for me and recently found some floor based pilates exercise videos I can do some of and have a passive trainer bike (motor pedals legs for me) so that's a quick way to burn off about 300 cals in 30mins.. if manage another 200 on wii ift I've got my 500 cal deficit for the day!

I've dropped 'processed' carbs (white flour, bread, pasta white rice etc) to help me so I can snack when needed on carrot sticks or fruit, fresh or dried and have salad or veg with white meat or fish for meals and rarely go over my 1200 cals unless I add chocolate, crisps or occasionally allow chips or a jacket potato.. I try and save them for when I get my monthly cravings then I don't feel like I'm starving myself and tend to burn more naturally that week anyway.. so still managing to lose!
  • Yorkshirelass2
    Options
    thanks for the motavation guys. I do get upset mostly about the weight gain. Being over in the states gets hard for me when i get goodies from home and that can be a real down fall i am good at it most times. I do exercise when i can and try and eat right like when i go out to eat i don't eat the breadsticks or rolls and then sometimes if it's not a small portion i get a to go box and put half in there. I eat off a small salad plate instead of a dinner plate. I have tried the slim fast diets an the cut the carbs out but they haven't worked any either. I love to work out it makes me have a great feeling of accomplishment and energy. But it just doesnt seem to be enough. I also have a condition where i have to have a lot of sodium intake and take a pill to keep what eva sodium i have stay in there. It's just a bad couple of days..
  • lifewithme2
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. It's amazing how quickly it comes back on when we let ourselves go out of control.

Instead of beating ourselves up it's better to find someone to be accountable to. I have a friend who wants me to email her my daily journal to help me through this. She has been successful through Weight Watchers where she is a leader and is also a nutritionist. It's great when you can have someone to share your ups and downs with.

At my church we are going to start a healthy eating program. There is another girl there that is very interested in sharing healthy eating habits with all of us.

Zap me a message with your daily food log and I can zap you what I have as well if you need a buddy to share things with.

Good luck this week.

Love and God's peace,

Tracy