question on exercise feature

Options
Can you use exercise calories earned from previous days on MFP or is it a use it or lose it per day?
Thank you
Yve :smile:

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    As far as the tracker goes, it's a use it or lose it situation per 24 hour period. Still, you can view your weekly average and see where you stand that way.
  • jandyanj
    jandyanj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you..I am used to Weight Watchers and carrying it over from day to day (up to one week)
    I have only officially been logging onto MFP since Tuesday - so next Tuesday I can see an average
  • jandyanj
    Options
    and wow, congrats on 85lbs lost that is great
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    The iphone and android apps will show you a much better weekly graph/totals. Otherwise you can just pull out a calculator and do the math yourself based on your daily over/remaining. Weekly total is perfectly fine, and I guess ends up being an informal "zig-zag" of calories.
  • theilliniguy
    Options
    I'm new too and wondering why I get no calorie "add" for strength training like push-ups. Adding cardio does "add" calories but strength does not. I'm sure I'm goofing up! Thx! :smile:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you go under cardio and add 'strenght training' it shows cals - not sure why the other doesnt tho x
  • theilliniguy
    Options
    If you go under cardio and add 'strenght training' it shows cals - not sure why the other doesnt tho x

Perfect! Thanks! So bottom line, no need to input the incremental exercises unless wanted for reference. Much simpler this way!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Perfect! Thanks! So bottom line, no need to input the incremental exercises unless wanted for reference. Much simpler this way!
    Yes, the strength training section is simply to keep track of your weights/reps. The cardio section is for tracking calories burned.
  • prittylisa
    Options
    hi my name is lisa frye and i just joined and i been working out at ballys for a month or so and i work hard and now i am watching my calories now with this website that i love but i am staying my weight not loosing what is the deal i am eatting better i have olny one friend now that is a start????
    example what i do- treadmill 40
    bike 20
    crunches 3 sets of 30
    crunches 3 sets of 30 with 50lbs.
    walk 5 mins
    butterfly 3 sets of 10 10lbs
    what else is there that i can do better
    i am 136 and want to get down to 120lbs:yawn:
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you go under cardio and add 'strength training' it shows cals - not sure why the other doesnt tho x

I had no idea about this and I have been doing some strength exercises! I just assumed it was fix that way in not giving out the calories since strength exercises burn less then cardio exercises, at least from what I've had read.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hiya JANDYANJ! *waving*
  • jandyanj
    Options
    Hi SavCal..nice to see some WW friends over here...