Afraid to let people in

Options
Hello, my name is Jessica and I am new to this site. I am trying to lose 70 pounds and feel that this might be what I need to do. But I am afraid of letting people in and scared of what they think.

I desperately need to find some kind of motivation and people who will believe in me and push me through.

I would also LOVE to help people in their personal journey too!!!

Replies

• StacieLeigh77
    Options
    Hi Jessica!!! Welcome to MFP!!! I'm happy to have you as a friend if you'd like to add me. Don't worry about what people think, this is YOUR journey!

My goal is to lose 78lbs and walk 1000 miles in 2012.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica and I am new to this site. I am trying to lose 70 pounds and feel that this might be what I need to do. But I am afraid of letting people in and scared of what they think.

I desperately need to find some kind of motivation and people who will believe in me and push me through.

I would also LOVE to help people in their personal journey too!!!

Oh hunn....no worries. We are all here striving for the same thing...and that's a goal weight that satisfies us. Don't be afraid to let people in because I promise we are all here to help you! I know I want as much help as I can get because I want to be able to conquer this challenge.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'll help get you some momentum going!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    we're all here for you!
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Don't let what others think of you be an issue. Do what makes you happy. No one on this entire site has the right to judge you. Add me if you like, I'll help you the best I can.
  • daisyjess
    Options
    Wow everyone is so nice already! It makes me feel like I actually have a chance :) Thanks to everyone who took and who will the time to reply :)
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! I used to feel the same way but MFP has really helped me because you can talk to people that all have the same goal, live a healthy lifestyle. Most of us are here to lose weight, like myself, I am needing to drop 50 pounds and find this site very motivating! Feel free to add me!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hello Jessica and Welcome :O)

Im Luan I have been on here since september and this really is the place to get you going and help. I am half way through my 70+lbs journey and I already feel so much better. Its great for support even if you just want a good old rant. You will love this place once you get used to it.

Well done on them first steps they make all the difference xxx
  • kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are scared of what others may think but slimmers are all in the same boat and no-one on here will judge you or discourage you - we wouldn't take the trouble to sign up and log in if we weren't serious about it. I hope you will only find encouragement and as you read the posts you'll see you're not alone. I need to lose about 50 myself and I'm a lot older than many on here. Good luck!
  • WhiteDoveStudios
    WhiteDoveStudios Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ya know Jess I switched over from Fit Day to try this for just that reason - we need support from each other and that works. We stay inside of our head all the time and worry about what others think when really - what difference does that make - we have to do this for ourselves ! i fyo ucant love you for who you are - you cant expect others to as well - we have the same goal 70 lbs. I started actually back on the day after Christmas but jsut started this today so I back logged my progress so I didnt feel like I was starting over. There is no place for Fear in life my friend.... we can respect danger and make good decisions but fear of the thoughts of others are developed in our mind - not that there aren't rude obnoxious people out there.... but hey they're rude and obnoxious and their oppinion really doesnt matter !! :0)

So Good luck and ... I got your back - we can do this !javascript:add_smiley('happy','post_body')
  • j3nn953lk
    Options
    Hi Jessica,
    I feel exactly the same well. Just joined yesterday. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can help eachother out.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jess! You found the best group to support you and encourage you! I love my MFP friends everyone is so supportive and super kind. Its nice to know people relate to the same struggles i have! I'm Jenna by the way :) Good luck on your journey!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Welcome Jessica! MFP is a great place to find the motivation and support you need to lose the 70lbs! Lots of great people on here, good advice, support, motivation, making friends, etc. Best of luck to you!
  • Deborahzell
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend,we are all here for the same reason LOSE WEIGHT no one is here to judge.
  • twinmommy508
    Options
    Hi Jessica! All of these people are right...The support on this site is incredible! I just joined on Monday and I can't believe all of the encouraging words I've recieved already!!! Welcome!!